You can see a bit of progress on the old girl. I painted the markings on and did more decaling. As my wife said, I decaled the parts that were painted on the real one and I painted what are usually decaled on a model(crosses)! I get things backwards a lot.
I also got the tails on (less elevators) and started rigging them too. I also discovered...after I rigged them...that I should have had another pair of struts on each side of the stabilizer outboard of the inverted V's.
Maybe next time...
Hope you like the progress. Getting close to adding the nacelled now.
Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA
This has been a terrific project to watch and follow right from the get go. You've put a tremdnous amount of work into this and it shows! good luck with the nacelles and the final assembly!
Firefly Makeover Pt1
RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1; RCAF Trimotor Pt. 2
Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3; Postwar RCAF Pt. 4
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig
Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs; Matilda Makeover; The Big Spit Finish; Me109 Finish; Vickers Tank Finish; Connies Finish