Staaken R.IV Tail and Crosses

Staaken R.IV Tail and Crosses

July 6th, 2012, 5:12 am #1

All,

You can see a bit of progress on the old girl. I painted the markings on and did more decaling. As my wife said, I decaled the parts that were painted on the real one and I painted what are usually decaled on a model(crosses)! I get things backwards a lot.

I also got the tails on (less elevators) and started rigging them too. I also discovered...after I rigged them...that I should have had another pair of struts on each side of the stabilizer outboard of the inverted V's.

Maybe next time...

Hope you like the progress. Getting close to adding the nacelled now.

Cheers.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

July 9th, 2012, 5:00 pm #2

This has been a terrific project to watch and follow right from the get go. You've put a tremdnous amount of work into this and it shows! good luck with the nacelles and the final assembly!
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

Firefly Makeover Pt1

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1; RCAF Trimotor Pt. 2

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3; Postwar RCAF Pt. 4

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs; Matilda Makeover; The Big Spit Finish; Me109 Finish; Vickers Tank Finish; Connies Finish

July 9th, 2012, 11:32 pm #3

All,

You can see a bit of progress on the old girl. I painted the markings on and did more decaling. As my wife said, I decaled the parts that were painted on the real one and I painted what are usually decaled on a model(crosses)! I get things backwards a lot.

I also got the tails on (less elevators) and started rigging them too. I also discovered...after I rigged them...that I should have had another pair of struts on each side of the stabilizer outboard of the inverted V's.

Maybe next time...

Cheers.

Regards,

Not sure how you're finding the time to crank that puppy out though, but of course, not everyone is trying to manage my hectic schedule!

Have you added a new room to your house yet for all the planes in your aerodrome?

Keep up the good work Dan, You're certainly inspiring.

John
Elkhart, Indiana

fred coulson
fred coulson

July 10th, 2012, 3:15 am #4

All,

Maybe next time...

Cheers.

Regards,

Dan, that is a lot of nice work there

July 10th, 2012, 8:47 pm #5

All,

Maybe next time...

Cheers.

Regards,

Really great work Dan

Amazing to see your enthousiasm and speed with which you tackle these big monsters - and that scheme is simply fantastic

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Supporting Euro 2012 / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Douglas Devastator : Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God