Staaken R.IV Rigged and Lozenged

Staaken R.IV Rigged and Lozenged

August 4th, 2012, 9:21 pm #1

Well...getting very close now. Except for some touch up and a couple of extra wires here and there, she is rigged and covered. It's dang hard to get a shot of the whole thing so don't mind to expert photography!

Enough said!

Thanks for looking.

August 4th, 2012, 10:39 pm #2

Hi Dan,
It's just massive. Snap a photo with a yardstick in front.

Keep cool!

Kevin in Brown's Point, Washington

August 5th, 2012, 4:48 am #3

Well...getting very close now. Except for some touch up and a couple of extra wires here and there, she is rigged and covered. It's dang hard to get a shot of the whole thing so don't mind to expert photography!

Enough said!

Thanks for looking.
That is probably the biggest bi-plane model that I have ever seen built. I hope you are using soldered brass for the undercarriage. That is one big puppy. The homemade Gothic Grape Lozenge is just so cool. I can see why you want to put it on a stand with plastic discs for moving propellers. On its wheels, it would eat up most of a shelf. I stand in awe. Very few guys have the cojones to build and rig one this size. Me, I'm going to stick to the little fish and let you fool with the lunkers. Attaboy! Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

August 5th, 2012, 6:55 am #4

Enough said!

Thanks for looking.
I bet flyng in that mother was something.

August 6th, 2012, 2:12 am #5

Hi Dan,
It's just massive. Snap a photo with a yardstick in front.

Keep cool!

Kevin in Brown's Point, Washington
But the wingspan is...wait for it...

23 inches.

Dang huge. When it's all done I'll take a shot next to some other models I've got. Man it looks huge (and the wings seem to droop in these temperatures!).

August 6th, 2012, 2:13 am #6

That is probably the biggest bi-plane model that I have ever seen built. I hope you are using soldered brass for the undercarriage. That is one big puppy. The homemade Gothic Grape Lozenge is just so cool. I can see why you want to put it on a stand with plastic discs for moving propellers. On its wheels, it would eat up most of a shelf. I stand in awe. Very few guys have the cojones to build and rig one this size. Me, I'm going to stick to the little fish and let you fool with the lunkers. Attaboy! Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
The covering turned out much better than I expected and I do need to figure out a place to put this thing. It's bigger than most 1/32nd models!

Really just details left and yes...the gear will be brass. A must I think.

August 6th, 2012, 4:21 am #7

But the wingspan is...wait for it...

23 inches.

Dang huge. When it's all done I'll take a shot next to some other models I've got. Man it looks huge (and the wings seem to droop in these temperatures!).
A 1/72nd Airfix Fairey Firefly and a Special Hobby 1/32nd Buffalo.

Dang huge...

August 6th, 2012, 5:38 pm #8

I bet flyng in that mother was something.
Being the Flt. Engineer probably wasnt easy either

August 6th, 2012, 9:00 pm #9

Enough said!

Thanks for looking.
And on so many levels !

The lozenge - biplane - figures - and most of all, the wiring... that really takes the cake

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Douglas Devastator : Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Spitfire Mk.22 & AZ Model - Spitfire Mk.22: Part I (incl Flying Legends 2012 show report) - Part II
1/72 - Airfix - Fairey Firefly Mk.5 & Eastern Express - �Fairey Firefly Mk.I: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

August 6th, 2012, 11:12 pm #10

Enough said!

Thanks for looking.
It looks spectacular.