Staaken R.IV Part I

Staaken R.IV Part I

Dan Smith
Dan Smith

May 24th, 2012, 5:24 am #1

Hello All,

A bit more done. I added the start of a front end and cut off the tail of the fuselage and added a lengthened portion. I have a couple more formers to put in but it will look much better when I add the top decking.

Coming along apace, I must say.

Thanks for looking...Dan

May 24th, 2012, 1:14 pm #2

Already starting to look like the intended bird!

Nice Dan.

Cheers, Vic

May 24th, 2012, 3:17 pm #3

Hello All,

A bit more done. I added the start of a front end and cut off the tail of the fuselage and added a lengthened portion. I have a couple more formers to put in but it will look much better when I add the top decking.

Thanks for looking...Dan
I see you're off to a flying start Dan - pardon the pun. I love the look of the formers shaping up - reminds me of building a balsa wood airplane kit! Keep up the good work.
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

Firefly Makeover Pt1

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

May 25th, 2012, 4:37 pm #4

Already starting to look like the intended bird!

Nice Dan.

Cheers, Vic
I hope to get then fuselage done this long weekend. The only other painful (?) thing will then be designing the new nacelles. I don't think they'll be too bad, though.

Stay tuned!

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

May 25th, 2012, 4:38 pm #5

I see you're off to a flying start Dan - pardon the pun. I love the look of the formers shaping up - reminds me of building a balsa wood airplane kit! Keep up the good work.
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

Firefly Makeover Pt1

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish
Ted,

I've built delicate free flight rubber powered models for years and I must say knowing how to do those makes this not as scary. It is very much like a stick and tissue enterprise!

Keep looking and I'll keep posting.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

May 25th, 2012, 5:51 pm #6

Hello All,

Thanks for looking...Dan
Very nice work. I am reworking an older bird myself right now, but nothing so ambitious as yours. Will post pics soon.

May 25th, 2012, 8:05 pm #7

Can't wait to see them...this is lots of fun!

Cheers.

May 26th, 2012, 5:52 pm #8

Hello All,

Thanks for looking...Dan
When I was a kid I had a big book with pictures and illustrations of these monsters, and have been fascinated by them ever since. Something Jules Vernesy about them. Not a kind of model I'm up to tackling, but it's a delight to watch you build one.

Stuart