Staaken R.IV New Nacelles and Stabilizer Fit

Staaken R.IV New Nacelles and Stabilizer Fit

June 24th, 2012, 9:48 pm #1

All,

I fit the kit stab to new holes in the fuselage. This was because I have elongated the rear fuselage for the R.IV.

I also ended up making new nacelles since the others had an odd shape to the front end. These new ones are not perfect, but they look better. I started trying to fit a couple of engines too and also fastened the nacelles to the inverted V-struts. I checked them against my plans and the wings and all fits just right...I think!

More soon as I just got my laser decal film and will start tackling the lozenge next!

Thanks for looking.

June 25th, 2012, 4:23 am #2

Just a mock up with the wing on. What a beast. A full 23 inches in span. Holy Hannah!

Last edited by NinetyThirdLiberator on June 25th, 2012, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 25th, 2012, 4:32 am #3

Wow Dan, that's going to be a seriously impressive model!

Cheers,

Andrew

Tutorials: Plasticene wheel wells Cheap vacform machine Example vac-form
RAAF Kingfisher: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Final
Bronco NOGS: Part 1 Jan 2009 Part 2 Dec 2010(!) Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Final
Frog Vengeance: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Final

June 25th, 2012, 8:58 am #4

All,

I fit the kit stab to new holes in the fuselage. This was because I have elongated the rear fuselage for the R.IV.

I also ended up making new nacelles since the others had an odd shape to the front end. These new ones are not perfect, but they look better. I started trying to fit a couple of engines too and also fastened the nacelles to the inverted V-struts. I checked them against my plans and the wings and all fits just right...I think!

More soon as I just got my laser decal film and will start tackling the lozenge next!

Thanks for looking.
Awesane? Insome? There should be a word. That is a great choice of subject and great execution. Those nacelles look like they will need an engineer figure each - or is there a gunner at the front of each one?

Regards,
Adrian

June 27th, 2012, 8:28 pm #5

Just a mock up with the wing on. What a beast. A full 23 inches in span. Holy Hannah!

That should be the motto on a t-shirt for you, Dan! You've built some big, beautiful birds over the last year or so and now this! Excellent engineering at play here, my man!
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

Firefly Makeover Pt1

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3; Postwar RCAF Pt. 4

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs; Matilda Makeover; The Big Spit Finish; Me109 Finish; Vickers Tank Finish; Connies Finish