SQUADRON question

June 23rd, 2018, 3:07 am #1

Squadron has changed their catalog to every three months and many items out of stock ... I'm told. 

Is there a possibility they are going out of business ?  Thanks, George

June 23rd, 2018, 8:35 am #2

Ask Squadron, all other info will only be speculation - or ask The Shadow...
Information not shared is information lost.

June 23rd, 2018, 10:19 am #3

Stuff's been 'out of stock' w/ Sq for yrs. Now lots of items are shown as 'spl order'. Another word for OOS I guess. Thinning down the warehouse stock?? Who knows? Only Sq.

One plus, SO vs OOS, w/ their Blk Friday sale last yr, SOs qualified to be inc'd in the sale whereas w/ previous Blk Fridays OOSs were not inc'd. Half the stuff I ordered in the 2017 BF Sale were SOs! They qualified for the 40% off. I'm still waiting for one item BUT the other couple doz SO items were sent, usually 1-3 at a time (lots of extra pkg'g and postage!), over the following 4 months. OK by me. I really wasn't in any great hurry.

Tho like Lucky in Hong Kong, Sq did charge my credit card back in Nov for items that didn't ship for months.

In the end, 40% off and 10 bucks postage for the WHOLE big order, I was a happy camper.

Guess if they are close to going OOB (I have no idea), use a cc. At least then you might have a chance of refund should they go under before posting your stuff.

June 23rd, 2018, 3:32 pm #4

I got a text from someone attending Eaglequest this weekend saying that a lot of the shelves in their warehouse are bare, that the stock is WAY down from previous years he has attended this event.  He said people are thinking this might be the last year that Squadron will host Eaglequest due to the costs involved and low attendance.  I attended 3 years ago and didn't think much of it, have not been back since.

June 25th, 2018, 5:09 pm #5

Do you remember a couple of years ago, when Squadron announced that it was changing from a free catalog mailed out to anyone who had bought from Squadron before, to one sent only to paid subscribers?  At that time, I thought, "Fine.  I'm not paying for a hard-copy catalog when I just go to the website, anyway."  That lasted about a year-and-a-half, or so.  I started getting the catalog again, now "new-and-improved" with a build article on the first couple of pages.  And now they're right back where they were before that; I get the catalog at the same intervals as before.  And I haven't bought anything from Squadron in nearly seven years.

June 26th, 2018, 1:01 am #6

Squadron announced today that there would be an Eaglequest for 2019. Stock levels were a bit light at their warehouse, but they did succeed in getting rid of a lot of inventory that was a bad idea, like the drones and 1/10 scale R/C tanks. So I am hopeful that relieved of that ballast- Squadron can perhaps get stocked up a bit.
Scott Copeland

June 26th, 2018, 12:51 pm #7

Also, I remember a thread (on here?) that someone ordered an out of stock item from Squadron and it was actually in stock. So some of those OOS are not correct. Anyone else remember this?
Nope, don't care. Why do you ask?

June 26th, 2018, 10:30 pm #8

Don't think it was me but w/ their last Blk Fri Sale, I/we ordered about 30 OOSs and 3-4 were sent in the first box w/ all the 'in stocks'. Maybe their inventory computer program is not 100% up to the min.