It's not on their website and I've never seen it.

December 6th, 2017, 11:04 pm #11

Which doesn't matter as I'd rather support Pheon anyway.

That was Pheon...

December 7th, 2017, 3:13 am #12

WNW did do a Barker sheet for the Snipe....n/t
... who did Barker's Snipe. I have their sheet. Wingnut did do Barker's Camel, in the Clerget Camel boxing.

Rich

You probably have a point, but at least one customer is VERY happy...

December 7th, 2017, 3:28 am #13

IMHO Wingnuts' decal selection frequently leaves out highly significant and often colourful choices and instead provide somewhat esoteric and sometimes rather dull options. With the Dolphin neither the highest on-type scorer, American Fred Gillet, highest overall scoring ace to fly it, Canadian "Nick" Carter, nor even the most (only?) colourful ace, Canadian Gordon Irving, are provided, but we do get some anonymous planes which operated from home island.

Based on previous releases I suspect the real culprit has to do with a combination of perceived (if misguided) marketing strategies and a certain (I'll call it) "attitude" toward a particular group of pilots which cause WNW to have a surprisingly narrow choice among their 5 or 6 selections per kit. Of course, sometimes it's just the aircraft and it's history. The options for wartime Snipes was obviously very limited ( but no Barker? No King? No Howsam?... seriously?)

If it wasn't for Rowan and Sabine I'd buy far fewer WNW Allied kits as I can only get so far in my interest in WWI aviation with the choices WNW endorses. This reminds me, I need to order from Pheon right now. When they put out their Dolphin sheet in 1/32 I'll buy it right away as I've long wanted to do Irving's bluenoser!
...with one of the kit markings. I've heard the complaint about markings choices before, especially for Allied subjects, and understand your point. I don't know exactly why they decide on the choices in the kits, but I suppose someone will always feel left out.

We don't have the large number of A/M decal makers for WWI, like all the ones who provide for Mustangs, Spitfires, FW's and 109's, so I'm very happy to have Pheon available to provide more choices. And Rowan likes to solicit suggestions for new sheets. If anyone wants to know what he's working on, when to expect it, and perhaps have some input into upcoming sheets, his section of the WWI A/C Forum is the place to go!

Rich

Thank Heavens for Pheon!

December 7th, 2017, 5:29 pm #14

They've bailed me out several times! What the heck is a Pheon anyway?

Cheers,
Roy