Special Hobby P-40 F interoir painted

Special Hobby P-40 F interoir painted

May 4th, 2012, 10:47 pm #1

Here are the Eduard wheel bay boxes installed. I had to remove a significant amount of plastic to fit them beween the wing halves

The only after-market P-40 round exhausts I could find were made for the Trumpeter P-40 B; but they were too long for this kit. I decided to separate the individual stacks with a razor saw and posed them with a bit of poster putty. This allowed me to align them before gluing in place.

Here are the True Details cockpit and floor painted with darkened interior green. The PE instrument panelis from the kit and the seat is PE from Eduard. It turns out that many of them were actually left unpainted

I also added the canopy rails and "channels" that will be visible under the opened radiator flaps from good old scrap plastic.

Seeing the pics of the recently-discovered P-40 wreck in Egypt has really inspired me to see this project through!

Best
Chuck

May 5th, 2012, 6:31 am #2

I have been watching with interest. I have a few of these kits. I am just in the mode where I want to slap things together out of the box as life is not giving me much time to model, but I really do like what I see so far. I cant wait to see it finished.

Geoff

May 5th, 2012, 3:00 pm #3

Here are the Eduard wheel bay boxes installed. I had to remove a significant amount of plastic to fit them beween the wing halves

The only after-market P-40 round exhausts I could find were made for the Trumpeter P-40 B; but they were too long for this kit. I decided to separate the individual stacks with a razor saw and posed them with a bit of poster putty. This allowed me to align them before gluing in place.

Here are the True Details cockpit and floor painted with darkened interior green. The PE instrument panelis from the kit and the seat is PE from Eduard. It turns out that many of them were actually left unpainted

I also added the canopy rails and "channels" that will be visible under the opened radiator flaps from good old scrap plastic.

Seeing the pics of the recently-discovered P-40 wreck in Egypt has really inspired me to see this project through!

Best
Chuck
The exhausts look especially nice; this will really be something special!

Stuart

May 15th, 2012, 6:21 pm #4

Best
Chuck
Geez, Chuck, that's a super great ship so far! Love the new exhaust stacks - and that cockpit! Holeee! keep it up!
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

May 16th, 2012, 9:07 pm #5

Best
Chuck
I also saw the Sahara pictures - considered opening a P-40 box too... but I have already too many things on my plate - though I hope they find another P-40 in the Sahare in a few weeks... maybe I can sail on the vibes then

Lovely interior work, that instrument panel looks excellent, and yeah, the wheelbays was a bit of cutting, but it looks much better now

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV /end (incl. Model Force 2012 show report)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God