Here are the Eduard wheel bay boxes installed. I had to remove a significant amount of plastic to fit them beween the wing halves
The only after-market P-40 round exhausts I could find were made for the Trumpeter P-40 B; but they were too long for this kit. I decided to separate the individual stacks with a razor saw and posed them with a bit of poster putty. This allowed me to align them before gluing in place.
Here are the True Details cockpit and floor painted with darkened interior green. The PE instrument panelis from the kit and the seat is PE from Eduard. It turns out that many of them were actually left unpainted
I also added the canopy rails and "channels" that will be visible under the opened radiator flaps from good old scrap plastic.
Seeing the pics of the recently-discovered P-40 wreck in Egypt has really inspired me to see this project through!
I have been watching with interest. I have a few of these kits. I am just in the mode where I want to slap things together out of the box as life is not giving me much time to model, but I really do like what I see so far. I cant wait to see it finished.