Source for 35th Scale Boys Anti-Tank Rifle

Source for 35th Scale Boys Anti-Tank Rifle

August 10th, 2012, 5:42 pm #1

Other than what comes in the Tamiya LRDG Chevrolet truck kit and the rather anemic offering from Italeri. Is the Boys .50 ATR available as a separate purchase item?

If there is nothing available as a separate purchase item would anyone be willing to part with their Tamiya Boys Anti-Tank Rifles?

August 10th, 2012, 6:07 pm #2

nt

August 11th, 2012, 1:52 am #3

Checked Resicast web page and the listing maintained by R&J. Neither one has a Boys ATR listed for Resicast. Email to Resicast to ask and now it is hurry up and wait for a reply.
Last edited by jeffryfontaine on August 11th, 2012, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 11th, 2012, 4:49 am #4

Other than what comes in the Tamiya LRDG Chevrolet truck kit and the rather anemic offering from Italeri. Is the Boys .50 ATR available as a separate purchase item?

If there is nothing available as a separate purchase item would anyone be willing to part with their Tamiya Boys Anti-Tank Rifles?
I have an ancient built LRDG truck, but I wouldn't know a Boys if it bit me. I probably have it in the old built box.

RobG

August 11th, 2012, 9:28 am #5

as it is the easiest to obtain readily from set #407. There are three rifle's in the weapons set.

August 11th, 2012, 4:49 pm #6

nt
Received reply from Graham at Resicast.

He states that he has never offered the Boys ATR as a separate purchase item but has included it in several of his update or conversion sets. He offered to cast up some of the rifles for sale so it is possible to obtain these from Resicast if you ask the right questions. The postage at this point is the only major issue I see in acquiring some of these and for what I have in mind it might be better to hack up the Italeri or Tamiya rifles instead. I do have a few of each in the parts bin and at this point wanted some spares to cover the fudge factor that usually accompanies anything I do.

August 11th, 2012, 4:51 pm #7

as it is the easiest to obtain readily from set #407. There are three rifle's in the weapons set.
I have a couple of the Italeri and Tamiya rifles in the parts bin. I wanted a couple of spares to cover any mistakes I made in modifying the things as I usually have some kind of mishap during the modification process and a couple of extras would take care of any mistakes that will be made.

August 11th, 2012, 5:21 pm #8

I it came in the Italeri set. You can get that old set cheap I am sure. Or someone will have some rifles from it.

My uncle used to own a Boys rifle. It hung up in the bar in his house for many years.

August 13th, 2012, 9:09 pm #9

Thanks to all of you that took the time to reply.

Though the modern marvels of the interweb and networking I have a couple of spare Tamiya and Italeri Boys anti-tank rifles coming my way.

I am still undecided on which one represents best the Boys weapon as one is quite robust and the other is a bit on the dainty side. With some luck I can find a happy medium.