Sometimes you get a lucky shot: aerial combat pic'

Sometimes you get a lucky shot: aerial combat pic'

May 27th, 2012, 4:09 am #1

Little birds are always harrassing crows like fighters attacking bombers, but I've never got a pic' until I went to town to shoot a publicity shot at the High School. As I was leaving, this brave and PO'd little bird was right on the crow and I thought "Wow" then realized I had a camera, but had turned off the motor drive! Quality is not great, since I had it at low res' & cropped it to about 5% of the frame; I almost deleted it because it was so far away, but my daughter looked at it and saved the shot:

May 27th, 2012, 4:33 am #2

My Son and I are watching the air war between the wild parrots and the mocking bird. Here is the battle scenario. The mocking bird has a nest. The parrots want the the fruit from the tree.. Very interesting battle going on.

California Steve

May 27th, 2012, 11:27 am #3

Little birds are always harrassing crows like fighters attacking bombers, but I've never got a pic' until I went to town to shoot a publicity shot at the High School. As I was leaving, this brave and PO'd little bird was right on the crow and I thought "Wow" then realized I had a camera, but had turned off the motor drive! Quality is not great, since I had it at low res' & cropped it to about 5% of the frame; I almost deleted it because it was so far away, but my daughter looked at it and saved the shot:

Wow, that is one big Crow. I don't know where You live but looking at the size of the beak on that Crow is it possible that could be a Raven?.

May 27th, 2012, 11:46 am #4

Hard to tell how big it is(Eastern Crows can be pretty big too) since I don't know how big it's attacker is but the bill certainly looks more like a Raven. The tail is a give away as well but hard to tell in this pic. Nice shot though.

May 27th, 2012, 1:31 pm #5

You can make out the more tapered, diamond like shape of the tail somewhat.........still hard tp say thougH. The
common crow are quite large...almost as large as a red tailed hawk and will singlely mob a hawk.....

Keep your Sprues Empty
Last edited by larrygoodell on May 27th, 2012, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2012, 2:35 pm #6

very noisey birds, and quite large, seem mostly solitary.

Old Digger Pilot

May 27th, 2012, 2:48 pm #7

Hard to tell how big it is(Eastern Crows can be pretty big too) since I don't know how big it's attacker is but the bill certainly looks more like a Raven. The tail is a give away as well but hard to tell in this pic. Nice shot though.
And politicans flock there with the crows, since the former has to eat servings of the latter all the time the poliitcans make sure the crows are well fed

May 27th, 2012, 2:55 pm #8

;

May 27th, 2012, 3:10 pm #9

My Son and I are watching the air war between the wild parrots and the mocking bird. Here is the battle scenario. The mocking bird has a nest. The parrots want the the fruit from the tree.. Very interesting battle going on.

California Steve
we have daily shows of crows circling for position with hawks around the neighborhood, fighting for rights to the top of the big redwood tree up the street.

May 27th, 2012, 3:57 pm #10

And politicans flock there with the crows, since the former has to eat servings of the latter all the time the poliitcans make sure the crows are well fed
lkj

So a friend says: "cheer up things could be worse; so I cheered up and sure as hell Things Got Worse!