Some wood on the Felixstowe

Some wood on the Felixstowe

June 6th, 2011, 1:45 pm #1

All,

I painted some more interior and the beaching dolly to look like wood...I think. I am not entirely pleased with the outcome, but it is better in person.

I still have to wash and dry brush a bit and paint a few more details, but the bottom wing goes on next and then the fuselage gets covered and the interior will be hardly seen.

After this, I'll fill seams and paint the hull white in preparation for the cool white/red pattern.

Thanks for looking.

June 6th, 2011, 4:36 pm #2

the wood look. Looks damn nice from where I am sitting!

Cheers, Vic

June 6th, 2011, 5:09 pm #3

All,

I painted some more interior and the beaching dolly to look like wood...I think. I am not entirely pleased with the outcome, but it is better in person.

I still have to wash and dry brush a bit and paint a few more details, but the bottom wing goes on next and then the fuselage gets covered and the interior will be hardly seen.

After this, I'll fill seams and paint the hull white in preparation for the cool white/red pattern.

Thanks for looking.
I remember scraping the varnish off a clinker rowing boat when I was a teenager - exactly that colour!

Regards,
Adrian

June 6th, 2011, 6:16 pm #4

All,

Thanks for looking.
The wood painting looks very good in this scale, Dan. Once the washes are laid it, it'll look even better. Nothing to complain about here!
Best...Ted...

WIP Builds:

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11;

Previous WIP Builds:
Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;
Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;
Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

Tall Tales:
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

June 6th, 2011, 9:31 pm #5

All,

Thanks for looking.
That wood colour looks perfect

And IMHO it doesn't need washes - that might loosen the tape - but I guess that's why we have Future...

Great progress Dan, you are having tons of fun

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / past builds on HS : Plastic Stories

- Airfix - Bristol Beaufighter Mk.II : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII (incl Flanders Modelling Festival 2011 show report) - Part VIII (incl Patherscup 2011 show report Pt.2) - Part IX (incl Beskyd Model Kit 2011 show report Pt.2) - Part X - Part XI - Part XII /The End
- Vami Models - resin Me P. Schwalbe : Part I (incl Pantherscup 2011 show report Pt.1) - Part II (incl Beskyd Model Kit 2011 show report Pt.1)
- AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

June 6th, 2011, 11:05 pm #6

All,

Thanks for looking.
Felixstowe out of the stash - following your excellent build with great interest Dan - well done so far.

June 7th, 2011, 12:29 am #7

All,

Thanks for looking.
It looks great! Can't wait to see further progress. This'll be a beauty!

Stuart

Dan Smith
Dan Smith

June 7th, 2011, 4:04 am #8

I did some more detail painting tonight and am trying to get the bottom wing on as well. I'll post a picture pretty soon.

This is a great GB...pobably because it has attracted the same crazies that lurk around the AFGB posts. GREAT!

Cheers and thanks to you all for your support and time.

June 7th, 2011, 4:32 pm #9

All,

Thanks for looking.
I am sure your model will be outstanding, considering the amount of time you are investing!

My example was built straight OOB, and is not nearly as detailed as yours, even at this early stage.
Keep it up!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mohandas Gandhi

June 7th, 2011, 8:40 pm #10

That is super sweet. If mine gets close to that, I'll be pleased.

Do tell me that the top wing goes on pretty well???

THANKS for posting.