Some questions for Brett Green...

Some questions for Brett Green...

April 17th, 2018, 1:57 am #1

You mentioned that the new board format will allow us to customize how we're able to view the boards. Once we 'tune' in our preferences will they be saved to our log-on info so that the boards come up in those settings whenever we log on, or is it something we'll have to go thru every visit (the settings only lasting as long as we're logged on and online)? I'm assuming it's the former, hoping it's not the latter. Thanks!

April 17th, 2018, 4:13 am #2

You can go try it out on Missing Lynx, they switched over last week.

April 17th, 2018, 6:14 am #3

You mentioned that the new board format will allow us to customize how we're able to view the boards. Once we 'tune' in our preferences will they be saved to our log-on info so that the boards come up in those settings whenever we log on, or is it something we'll have to go thru every visit (the settings only lasting as long as we're logged on and online)? I'm assuming it's the former, hoping it's not the latter. Thanks!
Hi Ron,

Once you set your preferences, they'll stay that way every time you log in.

Bye for now,

Brett

April 17th, 2018, 12:52 pm #4

be sure to let everyone know how to opt out of tapatalks advertisements. Every other forum that has converted to tapatalk has started spamming my email.

April 17th, 2018, 2:20 pm #5

Only thing it has sent me is updates on what new posts have been made on ML. I'll likely turn that off when I get around to it.

April 17th, 2018, 4:16 pm #6

/

April 17th, 2018, 4:23 pm #7

User Control Panel (under your name @ upper right) >
Board Preferences >
Edit notification options >
Un-check "trending email" option box >
Submit

Not positive, but those emails from Tapatalk have the email address

"trending@tapatalk.com"

That's why I'm guessing the trending email box is the right one to un-check

April 17th, 2018, 6:11 pm #8

/

April 17th, 2018, 9:31 pm #9

Looking forward to the new environment! Thanks for your efforts!! nt

April 17th, 2018, 11:00 pm #10

be sure to let everyone know how to opt out of tapatalks advertisements. Every other forum that has converted to tapatalk has started spamming my email.
Hi Keith,

Yes, I have had a few comments about notifications. Working notifications was one of the Big Three requests that I had received from visitors over the years (the other two being direct picture posting and a more detailed Search facility), and all three were implemented in the Missing-Lynx migration.

However, it seems that the Tapatalk notifications are a bit too much of a good thing for some users, so for HyperScale I will set a more limited set of email notifications - "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" and "Someone quotes you in a post".

I think the main objection has been the Trending Email, which I will have turned off as default. You'll be able to turn it on in your Control Panel if you wish.

Thanks and bye for now,

Brett