some pics

some pics

May 1st, 2012, 11:11 am #1

Hello all. I recently posted some pics on the "plastic pics" section, to rave reviews. So...for the first time in a while I busted out the camera, and the following are the results. These are all 1/72, so they fit this category. (That's all I do actually, is 1/72 jets..)

Hope you enjoy.

First up, my Heller SuE.
A gold medal winner in 2010, she features rescribed panel lines, extensive PE by Part, and scratch built doo-dads including the tubing on the intake covers.

Next we have a recent addition to the collection, from last winter, that will be going to Scalefest in 18 days...(18 days, wow, I have to get crackin on the Lightning..)

This is Italeri's (ESCI originally?)RF-5A in SAF colors. It is mostly oob with an Eduard zoom set and true details seat. Scratchbuilt pitot and hypodermic cannons as well.

Then for your enjoyment I present Revell Germany's Gina (Fiat G-91R) In west German livery. Another zoom set,more hypo-cannons,and a novel try at weathering get together to make a silver medal winner.

Last but not least, I present the terror of what might have been, but for the grace of God. A "'Luft'46" creation I like to call the FW393 Kreigshamer. It's a highly modified Dragon 1/72 Me1101. I turned it into a 3.6cm bodkanonen armed nightmare, with a Fug radar and nightfighter colors..imagine being in an allied heavy in the middle of the night with this on your tail..
This one will also be going to Scalefest.

Well that's all for now friends. Hope you enjoy. I can take LOTS more pics if these entertain you. I have a rather large collection, many of them award winners.

God Bless, and happy modeling!

May 1st, 2012, 4:46 pm #2

Im taking up flower arranging,this is definitely not the hobby for me.

Its a fool that looks at the sun and points at the moon.

May 1st, 2012, 8:35 pm #3

Hello all. I recently posted some pics on the "plastic pics" section, to rave reviews. So...for the first time in a while I busted out the camera, and the following are the results. These are all 1/72, so they fit this category. (That's all I do actually, is 1/72 jets..)

Hope you enjoy.

First up, my Heller SuE.
A gold medal winner in 2010, she features rescribed panel lines, extensive PE by Part, and scratch built doo-dads including the tubing on the intake covers.

Next we have a recent addition to the collection, from last winter, that will be going to Scalefest in 18 days...(18 days, wow, I have to get crackin on the Lightning..)

This is Italeri's (ESCI originally?)RF-5A in SAF colors. It is mostly oob with an Eduard zoom set and true details seat. Scratchbuilt pitot and hypodermic cannons as well.

Then for your enjoyment I present Revell Germany's Gina (Fiat G-91R) In west German livery. Another zoom set,more hypo-cannons,and a novel try at weathering get together to make a silver medal winner.

Last but not least, I present the terror of what might have been, but for the grace of God. A "'Luft'46" creation I like to call the FW393 Kreigshamer. It's a highly modified Dragon 1/72 Me1101. I turned it into a 3.6cm bodkanonen armed nightmare, with a Fug radar and nightfighter colors..imagine being in an allied heavy in the middle of the night with this on your tail..

Well that's all for now friends. Hope you enjoy. I can take LOTS more pics if these entertain you. I have a rather large collection, many of them award winners.

Great!!

May 1st, 2012, 10:18 pm #4

Hope you enjoy.

First up, my Heller SuE.

And I just love that Kriegshammer - that one looks really nasty !

The Gina, RF-5 and Super Etendard are really beautiful builds, a nice taster for your collection - and I wouldn't mind seeing more of your collection (please try to post them together in one post if possible, not in seperate posts to not flood the forum too much)

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - TT-1 Pinto : Part I (incl Panthers Cup 2012 show report)
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I
1/72 - Airfix - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV /end (incl. Model Force 2012 show report)

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

May 2nd, 2012, 1:20 am #5

Hope you enjoy.

First up, my Heller SuE.

Well, well, my boy, you're right in the swing of things here! Stunning builds, all. I see you have a thing for Etendards! Love the Me nightfighter - especially that cool death figure with the scythe marking on the fuselage. You're right - it would have been a flying nightmare, probably in more ways than one: a heavy hitter against Allied bombers, for sure. But I bet the recoil from those honkin' big cannons would have given the pilot a fright as well - wondering whether those thin little wings would have come off! Nice stuff, man.
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

May 2nd, 2012, 2:54 pm #6

Im taking up flower arranging,this is definitely not the hobby for me.

Its a fool that looks at the sun and points at the moon.
Please don't feel discouraged by anything I can do. What you see is a result of about 30 years experience. Plus It's all about having fun really. The key is patience, and practice.

Not that there is anything wrong with flower arranging..

May 2nd, 2012, 3:01 pm #7

Well, well, my boy, you're right in the swing of things here! Stunning builds, all. I see you have a thing for Etendards! Love the Me nightfighter - especially that cool death figure with the scythe marking on the fuselage. You're right - it would have been a flying nightmare, probably in more ways than one: a heavy hitter against Allied bombers, for sure. But I bet the recoil from those honkin' big cannons would have given the pilot a fright as well - wondering whether those thin little wings would have come off! Nice stuff, man.
Best...Ted...

Current Builds:

RCAF Trimotor Pt. 1

Postwar RCAF Pt. 1; Postwar RCAF Pt. 2; Postwar RCAF Pt. 3

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6;
Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish
Thank you very much!. Having looked at some of your builds, any praise form you is high praise indeed.

Also, the Ju87 did just fine with those cannons under the wings...although it was a dive bomber and it's wings would have therefore been reinforced...

To be perfectly honest, I got the kanonen at a convention for a dollar, and the idea just struck me that they would look cool hanging on the tiny what if jet...so I made the pods from some fuel tanks using pics of the stuka's pods,and there you go..

It's nice to know I'm not the only person who would think that much about a hypothetical model..

Ramiro C. Carvalho
Ramiro C. Carvalho

May 4th, 2012, 3:52 pm #8

Hope you enjoy.

First up, my Heller SuE.

All models are great!
Regarding the Me1101, i guess the proposed configuration would not be viable due to the wing not being capable of withstanding the recoil of the two huge cannons when firing. The engine also would not have sufficient thrust to take all that weight and drag aloft and the low wing area would lead to too high stall speeds.
Well, Luft46 models are not meant to make sense, they just have to be cool...

Wanna see more of these...

May 5th, 2012, 6:33 am #9

Hope you enjoy.

First up, my Heller SuE.

I am a big fan of the Gina. I have the Revell boxing with the Portugese Tiger meet markings and of course would like to do it as I am Portugese. Someday I guess. Yours looks fantastic.

Geoff

May 9th, 2012, 1:25 am #10

Hope you enjoy.

First up, my Heller SuE.

... of the Luft '46, really, but your 'Fw393' is stunning! The Me 1101 was always a bit of an ugly duckling to me but your upgraded offering is wonderful... 'Beautifully leathal' would be a good way to describe it. Your other kits are excellent, too. Well done

Best wishes,

Paul