Some pics of this years GoMo 2017 IPMS show in Vienna, Austria

Some pics of this years GoMo 2017 IPMS show in Vienna, Austria

March 19th, 2017, 7:13 pm #1

-Hi there,

last weekend I spend 2 days at the magnificent Heesgeschichtliches Museum , (Military History Museum) in Vienna. This museum is something you’ll have to see. They have a collection which spans over a few hundred years in history among them a few examples which are simply breathtaking.

The Austrian IPMS holds its annual model show in these holy halls every year in early march and since I’m a member I participate usually. Usually we have quite a lot of spectators and a lot of modelbuilder from Hungary, Slovakia, Czech and Slovenia and this year was no exception. The level of the displayed models quite high as you can see from some of the pictures I took.
Have fun with them:

The first 2 photos are of the famous cutaway model of the Austrian battleship Viribus Unitis
Somethng you have to see to believe. The detail level is breathtaking, down to the silverware on the mess tables!

Cheers
René
Last edited by Sangamon on March 19th, 2017, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 19th, 2017, 9:01 pm #2

Appreciate you showing us what a real modeler can accomplish.

March 19th, 2017, 11:14 pm #3

-Hi there,

last weekend I spend 2 days at the magnificent Heesgeschichtliches Museum , (Military History Museum) in Vienna. This museum is something you’ll have to see. They have a collection which spans over a few hundred years in history among them a few examples which are simply breathtaking.

The Austrian IPMS holds its annual model show in these holy halls every year in early march and since I’m a member I participate usually. Usually we have quite a lot of spectators and a lot of modelbuilder from Hungary, Slovakia, Czech and Slovenia and this year was no exception. The level of the displayed models quite high as you can see from some of the pictures I took.
Have fun with them:

The first 2 photos are of the famous cutaway model of the Austrian battleship Viribus Unitis
Somethng you have to see to believe. The detail level is breathtaking, down to the silverware on the mess tables!

Cheers
René
don't have to compete against them. I have never seen a Hughes Flying boat that big before.
Was it vac u form or scratch built?

March 20th, 2017, 12:40 am #4

-Hi there,

Have fun with them:

Cheers
René
Seriously impressive workmanship. n/t

March 20th, 2017, 3:35 am #5

Rene;

I think that this show and the one in Moson in Hungary show the finest work I have ever seen posted online.

Many thanks for posting these . Please feel free to bury us in more pictures !

Many thanks for posting!

Bill Nix
Washingtonstaat, U.S.

March 20th, 2017, 3:11 pm #6

-Hi there,

Have fun with them:

Cheers
René
n/t

March 20th, 2017, 11:45 pm #7

-Hi there,

Have fun with them:

Cheers
René
Outstanding;
Thanks for the photos