June 18th, 2018, 12:27 pm #11

Wonderful display! A glimpse back into my childhood.

June 19th, 2018, 6:14 am #12

suggsw wrote: Excellent finish and photography on your Dornier!  It really looks the part, and the composition of the base and photo evoke the period ... nice work!
Thanks.
I like to mess around a bit with the photography. Here's the same Dornier flying over HMS Royal Sovereign, or to be more accurate, sat on a stand on a piece of baize with a die cast ship behind it. A couple of Photoshop effects do the rest.

And here's the same model again, this time it's held up by a paper spike with an original 1939 map of the North Atlantic as background.

June 21st, 2018, 7:17 am #13

Classic collection of builds you have there! Thanks for sharing.

Simon

June 27th, 2018, 3:12 pm #14

Here's the early FROG Canberra. Built straight out the box, painted with a rattle can , Nissan Silver if I remember rightly...

Followed by a pair of Airfix P39's. Done to display alongside the original header bag kit from the 60's.

There was not enough contrast between the two though, so I gave the russian version a winter whitewash paintjob. The wing stars are a bit fanciful, but just as I would have built the model way back then.

And to finish todays instalment, how about the Airfix FW 190D, built to copy the first issue bag...

July 1st, 2018, 2:13 pm #15

A few more to top up the thread...

An eggplane FW190. It's wearing Airfix Bf109G decals as the originals exploded on contact with water.

Airfix's F4 Phantom in its first issue paintjob. I loved this kit back in the 60's. This build is a bit more recent, still straight out the box though.

And to finish with a splash of colour, three early FROG jets, all finished box stock.