Some good books for sale

Some good books for sale

April 29th, 2012, 2:58 am #1

Am duplicating a post here from Plane Trading as some are ship books, thanks for your forbearance...

HARDBOUND WITH DUST JACKET:

Three by Capt. Eric M. Brown:

"Wings of the Navy: Flying Allied Carrier A/C of WWII" - Like New, First Edition (Janes) 1980 - $18

"Duels in the Sky: WWII Naval A/C in Combat" - Like New, 1988 First Ed. (Naval Inst. Press) - $15

"Wings of the Weird and Wonderful" - Like New, rare First Ed. (Airlife Pub.) - $18

"There Shall Be Wings: The RAF from 1918 to the Present" by Max Arthur, Hodder & Stoughton, 1993, 400+ pages - essentially an oral history, there are amazing stories in this book, including, at the time, all four surviving VC holders, only a hint of edge wear to jacket, $10

"Raiding the Reich: The Allied Strategic Bombing Offensive in Europe" by Roger Freeman, Arms and Armour / Cassell 2000, lg format, 160 pp. - Freeman found some astounding photos in the archives and personal collections for this one, and his writing is fine here too. Dust jacket has a very small mar where price sticker was, otherwise perfect, $13

"Ship of Ghosts - The USS Houston and The Epic Saga of her Survivors" by Hornfischer (author of 'Last Stand of the Tincan Sailors') - NEW and unread - First Edition - $10

"The Price of Admiralty" by John Keegan, First Am. Ed. 1989 Viking, as new, $10

"Retribution: The Battle for Japan, 1944-45" by Max Hastings, Knopf 2008, remarkable stuff by the author of 'Bomber Command' and so many other good books. New and perfect in mylar sleeve $18

"Panzer: A Revolution in Warfare, 1939-1945" by Roger Edwards, British First Edition, 1989, perfect condition, 256 pages - $13

SOFTBOUND:

"Japanese Army Air Force Camouflage and Markings World War II" by Don Thorpe, Aero Pub. 1968 - still bright, good binding, $22

"USN Carriers vs, IJN Carriers The Pacific 1942" by Mark Stille, Osprey, 2007, as new $10

Tin Can Sailor: Life Aboard the USS Sterrett by Calhoun, Naval Inst. Press,
$8

Military Small Arms of the 20th Century 7th Edition - Encyclopedia of the World's Small Caliber Firearms by Hogg and Weeks Krause Pub. 2000, full size, 416 pages, I think this is current edition, 400+ pages $8.00

FAOW B-17 1972 - old, but good condition and great photos - $5

FAOW Lancaster - old, but good condition and great photos - $5

Write with questions. I love books, take good care of them, and have tried to describe them accurately here for you. I can usually make a price adjustment for multiple books, try me.