Some Aileron Rigging on the Felixstowe

Some Aileron Rigging on the Felixstowe

September 6th, 2011, 2:54 am #1

Man...it's coming along. I couldn't help it so I also put on the props and the forward guns. You can see the ailerons rigged including pulleys on the wing tips. I've installed the pulleys on the bottom surface but have not rigged them yet. I also have the tails prepped for the next big push. Again...I can only do this in fits and starts!

More soon...the dreaded tail is next.

Cheers.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

September 6th, 2011, 3:59 am #2

Fantastic job putting that web of lines on. This is looking like a serious museum piece.

Stuart

September 6th, 2011, 5:22 am #3

Man...it's coming along. I couldn't help it so I also put on the props and the forward guns. You can see the ailerons rigged including pulleys on the wing tips. I've installed the pulleys on the bottom surface but have not rigged them yet. I also have the tails prepped for the next big push. Again...I can only do this in fits and starts!

Cheers.

Regards,

I have a kit of the Felixstowe in my stash, but I just can't bring myself to build it. I'm just flat-out afraid of building that one. Yours is looking fantastic, no doubt about it. Doesn't make it look any less imposing to me though

Someday, maybe, I'll risk building either that one or the 1/72nd DH-2. But not just yet.

-Hans

September 6th, 2011, 4:51 pm #4

Cheers.

Regards,

Stick at it, it's looking really good, you might even set me off to do mine.
PK.

September 6th, 2011, 6:02 pm #5

Cheers.

Regards,

The longer it takes to rig, the more posts you make. The more posts you make, the longer we get to enjoy drooling over this magnificent build!!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

September 7th, 2011, 3:04 am #6

Cheers.

Regards,

It's looking incredible, Dan.

M.

It's good to have a friend here at my shoulder with a little time to spend, til I find love again -F. C. Collins W. C. Bickhardt

September 7th, 2011, 3:52 pm #7

Cheers.

Regards,

Very inspiring Dan! I may have to move mine close to the to do pile!

September 7th, 2011, 4:49 pm #8

Fantastic job putting that web of lines on. This is looking like a serious museum piece.

Stuart
Actually...if you look too close, you can see lots of little issues. But I love it anyway. It's a kit I always wanted but thought I'd never get it let alone complete it due to the complexity. My children got it for me and loved the red paint job so I HAD to build it.

Now I'm hooked, can't wait to start the Roden Gotha and Staaken.

Sick, sick, sick...

Regards,

September 7th, 2011, 4:52 pm #9

I have a kit of the Felixstowe in my stash, but I just can't bring myself to build it. I'm just flat-out afraid of building that one. Yours is looking fantastic, no doubt about it. Doesn't make it look any less imposing to me though

Someday, maybe, I'll risk building either that one or the 1/72nd DH-2. But not just yet.

-Hans
I have an old Revell DH-2 as well. That would look really cool and give good scale next to the Felixstowe. I figure once I've finished this sucker, the rest will be child's play!

Well...not quite.

Thanks for the encouragement and I'd say get stuck in! Pull it off the shelf and give it a whirl. Everything fits well, is pretty scale like (maybe the gun mounts are a bit thick)and there are few sink marks etc. And it's really very satisfying...especially when you get it to this point!

Regards,

September 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm #10

Stick at it, it's looking really good, you might even set me off to do mine.
PK.
Really, just slow and steady. Build something else along with it or do some flower arranging etc. just to obviate some of the more exciting moments of the build.

It really is a nice little plane.

Regards,