Sold my entire stash yesterday. 48 years of amassing kits and now

Sold my entire stash yesterday. 48 years of amassing kits and now

August 11th, 2017, 2:36 pm #1

all I have is a lot of empty shelving units.
With commission building ruling the table for the next 4 years, I realized that I will never build a fraction of the pile I had amassed before I kick off.
Kind of eerie looking.
The buyer took one look at what I had and said he will take it all. Ta Ta. So long. Bah Bye.
Humm....do I start over? HA! No.

Larry the Audi Guy

August 11th, 2017, 3:17 pm #2

and ebay doesn't get one much.
Steven “Modeldad” Eisenman

I really don't care, do U?

Zu Asche zu Staub

August 11th, 2017, 3:38 pm #3

I had over 600 kits and scads of them were long out of production.
a LOT of OOP Aurora kits.
I think he saw those first and jumped on them.
Regards,
Larry

August 11th, 2017, 4:03 pm #4

With commission building ruling the table for the next 4 years, I realized that I will never build a fraction of the pile I had amassed before I kick off.
Kind of eerie looking.
The buyer took one look at what I had and said he will take it all. Ta Ta. So long. Bah Bye.

Larry the Audi Guy
I am slowly chipping away at my stash by selling on ebay, but sometimes having a collection buyer come and take it away sounds so nice. The few I really want to keep are the good ones, and the rest of my stash is run of the mill stuff which never sells at vendor tables.
Last edited by Kurt H. on August 11th, 2017, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 11th, 2017, 4:33 pm #5

Kind of eerie looking.

Larry the Audi Guy
They are the big guys in purchasing collections. Paul Milam is another guy who buys collections as well.

August 11th, 2017, 4:58 pm #6

either. Pretty straight forward business guy.
He knew that I knew what these kits are worth and that I was in no hurry to part ways with them unless the price was right.
Word of mouth is how he found me. We talked on the phone a couple of times before I invited him over.
1st visit he inspected the lot. 2nd visit he made the offer. Cash deal, briefcase style...a BIG briefcase.
He drove up in a new Escalade with Illinois plates and another guy with a Promaster extended van.
The departure was pure cold business in nature. No joking around or talking old model stories.
Regards,
Larry

August 11th, 2017, 5:26 pm #7

"Izzette" I think is his name....just a guess...

August 11th, 2017, 5:30 pm #8

Kind of eerie looking.

Larry the Audi Guy
Send him my way n/t

August 11th, 2017, 5:59 pm #9

Kind of eerie looking.

Larry the Audi Guy
but I'm 76, and one must be reasonable about future modeling possibilities..... Most of the stuff I keep will be 1/48 armor (300+ kits and accessories that most people have no interest in anyway) and some 1/48 and 1/32 aircraft of designs I like. I may sell some of the 1/48 armor, as somehow I've ended up with 21 Tamiya VW Kubelwagens..... Downsizing is a bear.....

August 11th, 2017, 6:32 pm #10

They are the big guys in purchasing collections. Paul Milam is another guy who buys collections as well.
so if you want to unload it all at once, be prepared to get paid in increments and not all at once