So, nobody posted about the Grammy's...

So, nobody posted about the Grammy's...

February 15th, 2012, 5:23 pm #1

..last Sunday; I flipped between them and Telemundo's spanish-dubbed showing of Roland Emmerich's '2012' (slow night for TV while looking after my dad).

Adele is spectacular, just a great voice while standing in front of a mike; the Hip-hop generation numbers seemed like sound and thunder, signifying nothing. Next year maybe they'll simply have live sex acts on stage with a drum beat and bonfire.

And, uh, what exactly was up (or down) with Brian Wilson? Couldn't tell if it was serious concentration on the music or the fact that he's 70 and has had bouts with mental illness.

February 15th, 2012, 5:34 pm #2

the song they did I'm not wild about. One of my fav's won and wasn't shown...Levon Helm, from The Band, he won for a recent sole disc, still and always will love to hear Levon singing Up on Cripple Creek. Mike

February 15th, 2012, 5:35 pm #3

..last Sunday; I flipped between them and Telemundo's spanish-dubbed showing of Roland Emmerich's '2012' (slow night for TV while looking after my dad).

Adele is spectacular, just a great voice while standing in front of a mike; the Hip-hop generation numbers seemed like sound and thunder, signifying nothing. Next year maybe they'll simply have live sex acts on stage with a drum beat and bonfire.

And, uh, what exactly was up (or down) with Brian Wilson? Couldn't tell if it was serious concentration on the music or the fact that he's 70 and has had bouts with mental illness.
a group that whines into a microphone singing the same song over and over, but changing the song's name.

Adele, I like her but...

Had not Whitney died, the Grammys would have been the ultimate boredom.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

February 15th, 2012, 5:38 pm #4

Can't watch that drivel. But then I am 51 years old and haven't listened to music on the radio or bought "new" music since they used cassette tapes! I do have an iPod but the 'newest" song on it is the '91 version of the National Anthem by Whitney Houston that I played at my son's baseball games last summer when I announced the games. My playlist includes, Don Henley, B-52s, Brian Adams, Boston, Dire Straits.... The only award any of these would get would be the "Life Time Achievement". LOL.

A deal, deal! Maybe He's a Republican?
60 feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!

February 15th, 2012, 7:04 pm #5

When I don't recognize the names of anybody, I tend not to watch their shows.

I recently head the name "Adele". Seems she's big stuff but I couldn't name anything she's sung.

February 15th, 2012, 7:30 pm #6

a group that whines into a microphone singing the same song over and over, but changing the song's name.

Adele, I like her but...

Had not Whitney died, the Grammys would have been the ultimate boredom.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

BUY THIS BOOK
Not that I could, or ever did, give a hoot about the Grammy's. What do I care about over-hyped and generally limited in scope music from somebody else's culture? While I've always despised Whitney Houston's urban yodelling routine and I certainly can't condone her sad life-style, I'd never privately take pleasure from any aspect of her death, let alone publicly proclaim my gratitude for the entertainment which resulted from her death!
Argue away counsellor, there's nothing opaque about your real intentions.

February 15th, 2012, 7:30 pm #7

When I don't recognize the names of anybody, I tend not to watch their shows.

I recently head the name "Adele". Seems she's big stuff but I couldn't name anything she's sung.
I'm not in to her but she can belt out a tune! N/T

February 15th, 2012, 7:55 pm #8

Not that I could, or ever did, give a hoot about the Grammy's. What do I care about over-hyped and generally limited in scope music from somebody else's culture? While I've always despised Whitney Houston's urban yodelling routine and I certainly can't condone her sad life-style, I'd never privately take pleasure from any aspect of her death, let alone publicly proclaim my gratitude for the entertainment which resulted from her death!
Argue away counsellor, there's nothing opaque about your real intentions.
Or are you a mind reader?

But then again, only the obvious is enough for you.

BUY THIS BOOK

February 15th, 2012, 9:11 pm #9

Too late, the Butthole Surfers did that over 20 years ago.

L'avion accuse ... Le Corbusier

February 15th, 2012, 9:25 pm #10

Or are you a mind reader?

But then again, only the obvious is enough for you.

BUY THIS BOOK
Last edited by rcstevens on February 15th, 2012, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.