Slixx decals ending decal production!!!

Slixx decals ending decal production!!!

February 1st, 2012, 11:21 pm #1

Here's the message on the Slixx website...

"Dear Valued Customers,

We would like take just a brief moment to thank you all for your support over the past 19 years. Many of you have become a big part of our Slixx family. We have come to the hard decision to stop production of Slixx Decals. We will be finishing up a few grill sheets and 1/16th scale drag goody sheets that are currently in production, but those will be the last Slixx Decals produced. We will be selling off our existing inventory until they are gone. Again, thank you so much for the support over the years. We wish you all the best in the future.

Sincerely,

Gene & Becky Sisemore"

That sucks!!!!

February 2nd, 2012, 12:15 am #2

is biz is down such that it's not worth the effort?

Whatever the reason, they were good for the car modelling hobby and will be missed. 20 yrs is a darn good run.

February 2nd, 2012, 12:16 am #3

"Dear Valued Customers,

We would like take just a brief moment to thank you all for your support over the past 19 years. Many of you have become a big part of our Slixx family. We have come to the hard decision to stop production of Slixx Decals. We will be finishing up a few grill sheets and 1/16th scale drag goody sheets that are currently in production, but those will be the last Slixx Decals produced. We will be selling off our existing inventory until they are gone. Again, thank you so much for the support over the years. We wish you all the best in the future.

Sincerely,

Gene & Becky Sisemore"

That sucks!!!!
maybe if they had done a few more sheets of more popular subjects (Porsche, Ferrari, classic Trans Am, etc) instead of the n'th degree of variations of obscure drag racing cars things may have gone better. My favorite were their "Quarter panel" sheets with number variations of pre-existing model car kits. OTOH, I got irritated when they spread needed logos between 3 or 4 different sheets meaning that you had to drop $30-$40 to get all the logos/numbers to do 1 car. Then again, maybe its a personal/family decision and not a business one. A loss none the less.

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.
Last edited by junkman3353 on February 2nd, 2012, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 2nd, 2012, 9:09 pm #4

"Dear Valued Customers,

Sincerely,

Gene & Becky Sisemore"

That sucks!!!!
... the subject was. Luckily, i have most of the Slixx 1/24th NASCAR sheets i need for the moment (excepting some D.E., Sr. & one 1/16th decal sheet).

As mentioned above, they had a great run for almost 20 years - Congrats and Mahalo to Gene & Becky Sisemore for the outstanding stuff they offered to the model car world!

v/r, Tomt.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:57 pm #5

maybe if they had done a few more sheets of more popular subjects (Porsche, Ferrari, classic Trans Am, etc) instead of the n'th degree of variations of obscure drag racing cars things may have gone better. My favorite were their "Quarter panel" sheets with number variations of pre-existing model car kits. OTOH, I got irritated when they spread needed logos between 3 or 4 different sheets meaning that you had to drop $30-$40 to get all the logos/numbers to do 1 car. Then again, maybe its a personal/family decision and not a business one. A loss none the less.

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.
See now those obscure drag racer decals are just what I like. I could not care less for NASCAR decals...