Ships bought here not delivered

Ships bought here not delivered

March 31st, 2012, 6:04 pm #1

I'm getting a little worried as I bought to kits from "abramsnut" alias PLASTICISGOOD@LIVE.COM. I received an email that the kits would be shipped last Saturday from North Carolina and I'm in Virginia so the worry. Has anybody else recieved their kits yet? I hope this deal is real but beginning to worry.
Thanks,
Ken

March 31st, 2012, 7:29 pm #2

This is the address that he gave me to send money to. I used USPSMO so I will go to postal inspectors if needed.

You can send payment to:
D. A. L.
153 Stump Sound Church Rd
Holly Ridge, NC 28445

Anybody know anything?

March 31st, 2012, 9:58 pm #3

I'm getting a little worried as I bought to kits from "abramsnut" alias PLASTICISGOOD@LIVE.COM. I received an email that the kits would be shipped last Saturday from North Carolina and I'm in Virginia so the worry. Has anybody else recieved their kits yet? I hope this deal is real but beginning to worry.
Thanks,
Ken
I do know one time it took the USPS 10 days to get me a package from Powells book Store in Portland to me in Beaverton Oregon which is a total of 12 miles. The on the other hand once I got a package from LA the next day so who can tell about the USPS. I would say if he does not respond to an email or it takes over 10 days I would be concerned.

March 31st, 2012, 10:48 pm #4

Priority Mail is usually two days
First Class can be 3 or more days
Parcel Post - that took over a week to to 10 miles

April 1st, 2012, 1:34 am #5

It's truly hit-n-miss for time duration of shipments,,I never see a predictable pattern either way for same zone or coast to coast,some lightning fast others seem to take the 9 or 10 days. but sometimes alot faster...I usually ship 1/32 sized items. Sorry no substance given other than I too am sometimes bewildered at the shipping patterns.

Last edited by alexlopez on April 1st, 2012, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2012, 12:52 pm #6

Thanks,
Ken
My brother-in-law is a manager in Iowa and ALL mail and packages goes to "hubs". OK, it makes no sense when you are 30 miles apart to ship mail to Atlanta or Minneapolis but rules is rules. You stand a better chance of getting mail from across the nation in two days then you do getting mail from across the street in two days. Our town used to sort its own mail. That went away last year. Now EVERYTHING travels 50 miles north to be sorted and then shipped back here for delivery. I could mail my neighbor and the letter would travel over 100 miles to go 50 feet away.

The big thing is that mechanically sorting mail is fast but requires a huge expense in equipment. Having 10,000 sorting centers is expensive but MAINTAINING 10,000 centers with 60 year old equipment is a nightmare. One the postal services are trying to eliminate. I don't think there is a perfect solution. Hand sorting is a long hard process capable of multitudes of errors. Mechanical sorting is fast but extremely expensive to run and maintain.

Give it a few more days. If the package isn't there by Wednesday then try another contact attempt. Rip-offs are rare but not unheard of. And we all have personal lives that tend to get a bit complicated at times. Maybe his car blew a transmission? Or the dog is sick? I would, as a matter of honor, try like crazy to get the package out on time no matter what, but if my wife has to go into the hospital the package might be ignored for a few days. Right now we are all just guessing, and that's dangerous to do.

Illegitimi non carborundum
In memory of Denis Keegan.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:43 pm #7

It's Dean, aka Alan, Rachel, and a host of other MO's. You will be getting in line behind a bunch of other people. Sorry for the bad news.

http://www.journalscene.com/crime/Most- ... 9T09-23-16

April 2nd, 2012, 8:45 pm #8

almost a year old, and lehr-zilla is still running amok......

6'4", 280.....wow, don't go over there! let the po-po handle it....

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"

April 3rd, 2012, 1:00 am #9

This is the address that he gave me to send money to. I used USPSMO so I will go to postal inspectors if needed.

You can send payment to:
D. A. L.
153 Stump Sound Church Rd
Holly Ridge, NC 28445

Anybody know anything?
Name: Dean Alan Lehr

Description: White male, 64 tall, 280 pounds

Last known address: 2549 Dearborn Road, Charleston

Wanted for: Obtaining goods by false pretenses

Wanted by: Summerville Police Department

Wanted since: Oct. 19, 2010

Investigators allege: Defendant received $1,576 in checks and money orders for items purchased from him online and failed to return the money or the goods to the victims. Defendant provided a written statement detailing the transactions.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of these suspects may call the Summerville Police Department at (843) 851-4100. Crime tips can also be sent to Crime Stoppers by phone at 554-1111, by text message at CRIMES or 274637 (start the message with TIPCSL) or on the web at www.5541111.com.

April 3rd, 2012, 1:51 am #10

almost a year old, and lehr-zilla is still running amok......

6'4", 280.....wow, don't go over there! let the po-po handle it....

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"
Nicked me for $800 (after his father paid partial restitution to reduce his prison sentence.) Got others for thousands. He was put in jail for 18 months, came out and went right back at it. Some people are sociopaths and all you can do is keep warning unsuspecting modelers.

Another one to watch out for is Pat "Charlie" Anderson of Wisconsin.