Secter/Pacific Coast G.50 buildable?

Secter/Pacific Coast G.50 buildable?

July 31st, 2012, 12:36 am #1

Pulled this kit out of my stash and thought I might give it a go. Seems to be the basic Secter kit with Italian Classic resin parts. Seems the cowling from the Classic Italian kit is too large for the Secter kit for starters...should I put it back in the probably-never-to-be-built stash pile or has anyone had any success with this hybrid? Hell I have a lot more I can work on...thanks.

July 31st, 2012, 1:42 am #2

and it builds well but unsure of the PC parts. If you ever decide that it'll never be built keep me in mind if you would.

Later,

Lee

July 31st, 2012, 6:57 am #3

Pulled this kit out of my stash and thought I might give it a go. Seems to be the basic Secter kit with Italian Classic resin parts. Seems the cowling from the Classic Italian kit is too large for the Secter kit for starters...should I put it back in the probably-never-to-be-built stash pile or has anyone had any success with this hybrid? Hell I have a lot more I can work on...thanks.
If I remember the build, the resin wing needed some fettling around the front of the roots to sit properly, although I think some additional work I added to the cockpit area myself may have contributedto this. I recall using miliput to tidy up the join. Nothing stands out as being too traumatic, and I'm pleased with the result.

July 31st, 2012, 1:59 pm #4

from what I read: it's more like 1/50. You would need the corrected resin wing with flaps and all (hard to find - try Pacific Coast Models or eBay), to address shallow wheel wells and the span (remember 1/50): Ali D'Italia drawings might be 1/50 as well BTW. Cowl shape/size is not correct etc. Poorly detailed.
There is too much wrong with the kit - others will know more.
Get a Flying Machines kit/ (I did )
To answer your ?-tion - Secter/Hase/PCM kit is very much buildable regardless - again, no first hand experience as I never actually built it.

July 31st, 2012, 2:05 pm #5

PCM kit is MUCH better that the basic Hasegawa/Secter kit. As you pointed out they did address the cowl (lipstic on the pig) and added details to the pit, but you'd need the corrected wing (sorry I don't remember who released it).

July 31st, 2012, 6:36 pm #6

from what I read: it's more like 1/50. You would need the corrected resin wing with flaps and all (hard to find - try Pacific Coast Models or eBay), to address shallow wheel wells and the span (remember 1/50): Ali D'Italia drawings might be 1/50 as well BTW. Cowl shape/size is not correct etc. Poorly detailed.
There is too much wrong with the kit - others will know more.
Get a Flying Machines kit/ (I did )
To answer your ?-tion - Secter/Hase/PCM kit is very much buildable regardless - again, no first hand experience as I never actually built it.

... even if you want an Italian example, the SP would do, only aftermarket decals would be needed. These are top notch.
Fernando

July 31st, 2012, 9:35 pm #7

PCM kit is MUCH better that the basic Hasegawa/Secter kit. As you pointed out they did address the cowl (lipstic on the pig) and added details to the pit, but you'd need the corrected wing (sorry I don't remember who released it).

for the comments...I have the corrected wing well..done by Mr Kit I believe...nicely done too.