Scratch Vacform 1/72nd Fe-2b Lower Wing, Struts, Rigging WIP

Scratch Vacform 1/72nd Fe-2b Lower Wing, Struts, Rigging WIP

January 30th, 2012, 6:05 am #1

All,

Well...it's all gone well. Too well! I have some touch up and four more flying wires to go, but she'll be rigged except for controls and anti drag wires soon.

Here come the booms!

Thanks for looking.

January 30th, 2012, 6:14 pm #3

All,

Well...it's all gone well. Too well! I have some touch up and four more flying wires to go, but she'll be rigged except for controls and anti drag wires soon.

Here come the booms!

Thanks for looking.
Dan, you obviously made the most of a rainy Sunday.

Kevin in Brown's Point, Washington

January 30th, 2012, 11:21 pm #4

All,

Here come the booms!

Thanks for looking.
Great & steady progress Dan - it is coming together beautifully

I just finished rigging my I-3 - all in all there were 10 wires and I was sooo happy it was over... I don't want to think about your challenge here, I get dizzy - must be zillions of struts & wires - but it looks delicious

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / previous builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - AZ Model - Kawasaki Ki-78 : Part I
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

February 2nd, 2012, 1:54 pm #5

All,

Here come the booms!

Thanks for looking.
You have inspired me to start a scratch buil of my own. (Salmson SM.1 )

February 3rd, 2012, 3:49 am #6

February 3rd, 2012, 3:09 pm #7

I start the booms this weekend. I think I'll try plastic first...and then move on to brass if that doesn't work.

Suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for your interest and comments on the little Fee.

February 4th, 2012, 3:08 am #8

My first instinct would be plastic rod. Size a plan drawing to 1/72 scale if you have it, print it and pin it to a slab of cardboard. Wax paper on top of that (like building a balsa model), pin the rods and fix with cement. Of course, soldering brass rod would make for an even stronger bond, but it's more work. Either way should work for you - you're a meticulous builder - and from what we've all seen, a difficult task isn't something you shy away from!
Best...Ted...

Current Build:
Mad About Migs Pt. 1; Mad About Migs Pt. 2; Mad About Migs Pt. 3; Mad About Migs Pt. 4; Mad About Migs Pt. 5; Mad About Migs Pt. 6; Mad About Migs Pt. 7; Mad About Migs Pt. 8; Mad About Migs Finish

Tall Tales:
Kanal Kampf: A Spitfire Story
Cold War Incident
The Lucky Mig

Previous WIP Builds:
Matilda Makeover Pt.1; Matilda Makeover Pt.2; Matilda Makeover Pt.3; Matilda Makeover Finish;

The Big Spit Pt.1; The Big Spit Pt.2; The Big Spit Pt.3; The Big Spit Pt.4; The Big Spit Pt.5; The Big Spit Pt.6;
The Big Spit Pt.7; The Big Spit Pt.8; The Big Spit Pt.9; The Big Spit Pt.10; The Big Spit Pt.11; The Big Spit Finish;

Me109 Pt.1; Me109 Pt.2; Me109 Pt.3; Me109 Finish;

Vickers Tank Pt.1; Vickers Tank Pt.2; Vickers Tank Pt.3; Vickers Tank Pt.4; Vickers Tank Pt.5; Vickers Tank Pt.6; Vickers Tank Finish;

Connies Pt.1; Connies Pt.2; Connies Pt.3; Connies Pt.4; Connies Pt.5; Connies Pt.6; Connies Pt.7; Connies Finish

February 4th, 2012, 12:52 pm #9

I start the booms this weekend. I think I'll try plastic first...and then move on to brass if that doesn't work.

Suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for your interest and comments on the little Fee.
I have been following your steady progress on this subject with great interest. You are one of a group of builders that I truly enjoy. Always up for a challenge with odd subjects and willing to try something new.

Truly great stuff!

Cheers, Vic

February 5th, 2012, 6:08 am #10

That really means something. Thank you very much.

Speaking of new...I will try and get the "booms mk. 1" posted tomorrow. This time they are out of plastic and not brass. We'll see what everyone thinks about them.

Cheers and nice to see you are in these parts!