Russian Lend-Lease B-25 question.

Russian Lend-Lease B-25 question.

July 17th, 2012, 8:27 pm #1

I have a 1/72 scale B-25C/D kit with the option of a ventral/lower turret. Did the Soviets use the C or D model, anf if so, did they have the lower turret fitted? Thanks for looking. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

July 17th, 2012, 8:48 pm #2

I have good pictures in a reference of two B-25Cs and the bulge of the retracted turret is clearly visible.

So it is your call, unless you have a specific set of decals.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

July 17th, 2012, 8:54 pm #3

I have a 1/72 scale B-25C/D kit with the option of a ventral/lower turret. Did the Soviets use the C or D model, anf if so, did they have the lower turret fitted? Thanks for looking. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
On page 471 of Soviet airpower in WWII by Yefim Gordon is a drawing of a B-25 C with the lower fuselage turret.Some had a russian turret installed on the upper fuselage.

Saluti

Giampiero
Last edited by GiampieroSilvestri on July 17th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 17th, 2012, 8:57 pm #4

I want to do one in the green, brown, ang gray over black scheme with the bare minimum of markings. I have photos of the "J" model painted that way and I think it looks very impressive. Adios, Larry.

July 17th, 2012, 9:00 pm #5

Here's an interesting link for VVS camoflage and marking:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/sovietwarplanes/ar/t60.htm.

July 17th, 2012, 9:29 pm #6

July 17th, 2012, 9:53 pm #7

I want to do one in the green, brown, ang gray over black scheme with the bare minimum of markings. I have photos of the "J" model painted that way and I think it looks very impressive. Adios, Larry.

You could do a winter white wash over the OD.

There is no such thing as an unbuildable kit, just some kits one may consider not worth building.

Ive realized that most people ... tend not to be direct when they feel something is shoddy because they want to be liked, "which is actually a vain trait".
[Walter Isaacson's (author of Steve Jobs) recounting of his interview with Jony Ive, Chief Designer at Apple @ page p. 461]

BUY THIS BOOK
http://tinyurl.com/Ididntseeitcoming

July 17th, 2012, 11:26 pm #8

Got a color picture of a faded O.D. over black a/c with red stars over partly painted out U.S. markings. Thanks to all. Adios, Larry