Rumpler C-IV pt II

Rumpler C-IV pt II

April 11th, 2012, 4:32 am #1

April 11th, 2012, 5:13 am #2

Both on this and the 6-B-1 below. I can imagine how tiny some of the fine detail bits are; really adds to the realism factor.

Stuart

April 11th, 2012, 6:27 am #3

I love your detail work in those cockpits. The camo on the C.IV is really striking, and I have a soft spot for the naval hex pattern with the rest of the plane in light grey - excellent!

BTW, which decals did you use for the hex pattern? No two decal manufacturers seem to agree on the colors, but these looks just right to me.

April 11th, 2012, 6:46 am #4

Paintwork is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the rest! n/t

April 11th, 2012, 12:41 pm #5

I love your detail work in those cockpits. The camo on the C.IV is really striking, and I have a soft spot for the naval hex pattern with the rest of the plane in light grey - excellent!

BTW, which decals did you use for the hex pattern? No two decal manufacturers seem to agree on the colors, but these looks just right to me.

Thanks for the nice comments. I used a Wings 72 HB W-12 decal sheet. I have a couple that I got on ebay. I believe the store is still in buisness but has very slow processing due to the death of the owner Don. His son is attempting to run the buisness. here is another option:
A guy named Doug Bauman is producing some incredible and nicely priced decals. I will forward an email attatchment he sent me.

April 11th, 2012, 3:33 pm #7

I love your eclectic taste in bi-planes. Your display room has to be more colorful than von Richtofen's Flying Circus. Adios, Larry.

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.

April 11th, 2012, 4:09 pm #8

I really like the paint job, pits and the engine. Looks like it's all injection molded.

Well done. I'll start another vac soon!

April 15th, 2012, 1:52 pm #10

That is such nice work Tim - and I love the subject, I just discovered I have a Pegasus Rumpler C.IV in my stash - and I'm tempted, but time, time, time, time.... aaaaaargghh

As long as you keep teasing us with these magnificent great war biplane builds - I have the idea I HAVE to do one too THIS YEAR - but a plastic kit for starters

Nice paintwork & weathering, it brings a lot of life into this vac kit

* <i></i> * *
William De Coster / Belgium / Plastic Stories

1/72 - Special Hobby - Bolton Paul Balliol T.2 : Part I - Part II - Part III/End
1/72 - Airfix/Jo-Han - Mitsubishi Zero/Rufe conversion: Part I

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God