RIP Ernest Borgnine.....has passed away at...

RIP Ernest Borgnine.....has passed away at...

July 8th, 2012, 10:46 pm #1

95....will always remember him in Marty, The Dirty Dozen, From Here to Eternity The Wild Bunch, plus many other movies and TV. Good actor in his day. Mike

July 8th, 2012, 11:37 pm #2

oldie goldie actors passing on......did a heck of a job in The Posiedon Adventure also...gonna miss that mug..
I know you said many TV shows...couldn't hep it....

Keep your Sprues Empty
Last edited by larrygoodell on July 8th, 2012, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 9th, 2012, 12:04 am #3

95....will always remember him in Marty, The Dirty Dozen, From Here to Eternity The Wild Bunch, plus many other movies and TV. Good actor in his day. Mike
Stringfellow Hawk's best Co-Pilot and Mechanic.

Now we'll never know where the secret lair of the "Lady" is.................

Michael - Rocketdrvr

July 9th, 2012, 12:14 am #4

...leftist dominated Hollyweird. Rest in peace Mr. Borgnine...you will be missed.

Last edited by Ghostmech on July 9th, 2012, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 9th, 2012, 12:22 am #5

but he was also a good heavy: Emperor of the North, Bad Day at Black Rock.

CB

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Desrt_Wings.html
Clifford Bossie

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Desrt_Wings.html

http://www.angelfire.com/dc/jinxx1/Wildcat/F4F_pt1.html

July 9th, 2012, 12:47 am #6

Don't forget "Marty" (an Oscar) and his supporting role inThe Wild Bunch.

July 9th, 2012, 7:42 am #7

..was "Dirty Lyle" in Convoy!....he did a very good job of playing the bad guy in that.

Cheer's,
Jeff.
Last edited by jpthompson on July 9th, 2012, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 9th, 2012, 11:26 am #8

baby boomers knowhim from that...how many with kids know his voice from Sponge Bob Squarepants as MerrMan???? Mike

July 9th, 2012, 12:27 pm #9

EB could really play evil/bad very well! Blk Rock and From Here to Eternity. And too nice guys like McHale and Marty.

A must see, every wk, first run in the evening, as a lil' kid. One of my best buds blk felt tipped 'PT-73' onto a white tee shirt and his Mattel Tommy Gun stock for use during our Sat morn cap gun wars. I was a bit more Sgt Saunders.

Both EB and AG had pretty good runs, in show biz/life, and made it into their 80-90s.

Interesting that so many from 'Mayberry' made it into their 80+s. Perhaps a good moral life/show rewards w/ long, happy, successful, productive, etc, lives? Griffith 82, Knotts 81, Bavier 86, Lindsey 83 and Nabors w/ us, I think in Hawaii (good for him!), at 82. So I gather the lowlifes/waste of air, and airtime, from the likes of 'Jersey Shores', 'Housewives of Whatever City' and other such garbage will be dropping dead in the coming weeks.

July 9th, 2012, 1:34 pm #10

McHale's Navy in re-runs as well as all the movies. Fun guy to watch perform.
Hub

Any day above ground is a good one!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!