RIP : Earl Scruggs......you may....

RIP : Earl Scruggs......you may....

March 29th, 2012, 11:02 am #1

not know the name but you know his music, he played banjo....he and bandmates did the Ballad of Jed Clampett for the Beverly Hillbillies....he was probably the best banjo player to date. Mike

March 29th, 2012, 1:06 pm #2

Foggy Mountain Breakdown! He was a legend!

Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck !

March 29th, 2012, 1:41 pm #3

not know the name but you know his music, he played banjo....he and bandmates did the Ballad of Jed Clampett for the Beverly Hillbillies....he was probably the best banjo player to date. Mike
I wasn't a huge fan, but I DID enjoy this particular performance quite a lot (back in the days when I was still watching Letterman, before I realized he was nothing but a pervy dooshbag). I think everyone involved in this got Grammys, including Paul Shaffer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icMTVV5Lwaw

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

March 29th, 2012, 3:53 pm #4

I've been listening to The Three Pickers album all night.
(Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson and Ricky Scaggs live performance)

Wheels UP-Water
Wheels DOWN-Land
DO NOT confuse the two !

March 29th, 2012, 5:49 pm #5

My Dad was a huge fan of all things C&W and Bluegrass. If I look through his old records I am sure there will be several of Scruggs LP's

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

March 29th, 2012, 7:18 pm #6

kust tuesday night, I was watching Mr Scruggs play a rousing and rapid fire rendition of "Foggy Mountain Breakdow" (Dueling Banjos) with Steve Martin (also an accomplished Banjo picker) on an old David Letterman on utube....

....O...M....G.....

"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"