RIP Don Bennett of Don's Model Works

RIP Don Bennett of Don's Model Works

March 11th, 2012, 1:02 am #1

Many of you knew my father, Don Bennett of Don's Model Works, either from face-to-face meetings at model sales and shows, or from telephone or email conversations about aircraft and model-building. I am sorry to announce that Dad died in September 2011 after a long fight with cancer. I put up a memorial page for Dad, with some photos and a short biography, on our website at www.donsmodelworks.com/DPB_bio.htm. If you haven't seen it yet, please take a look.

I am Chuck Bennett, Don's son, and I have been helping him out part time for many years with Wings Models LLC (producing vacuform model kits formerly made by Vac-Wings, Wings 48, Wings 72, and Eagles Talon) and with the Don's Model Works website and eBay sales. I am now the owner and operator of both businesses.

I joined up here because I wanted to announce Dad's passing to those who knew him, and let y'all know about the memorial page that I made. I also expect that I will be back from time to time with questions for those more knowledgeable about models and aircraft.

I do not have Dad's modeling expertise or enyclopedic knowledge of aircraft. I expect that in the future I will have questions here needing your advice as I work on upgrading some of our materials, putting some of our out-of-production kits back into production, and listing Dad's extensive kit collection for sale. If you have any questions for me, you can email me or visit our website.

Chuck Bennett
www.donsmodelworks.com

March 11th, 2012, 1:11 am #2

I bought a number of things from Don on ebay. Good guy.
Sorry to hear of Don's passing.

March 11th, 2012, 1:17 am #3

Many of you knew my father, Don Bennett of Don's Model Works, either from face-to-face meetings at model sales and shows, or from telephone or email conversations about aircraft and model-building. I am sorry to announce that Dad died in September 2011 after a long fight with cancer. I put up a memorial page for Dad, with some photos and a short biography, on our website at www.donsmodelworks.com/DPB_bio.htm. If you haven't seen it yet, please take a look.

I am Chuck Bennett, Don's son, and I have been helping him out part time for many years with Wings Models LLC (producing vacuform model kits formerly made by Vac-Wings, Wings 48, Wings 72, and Eagles Talon) and with the Don's Model Works website and eBay sales. I am now the owner and operator of both businesses.

I joined up here because I wanted to announce Dad's passing to those who knew him, and let y'all know about the memorial page that I made. I also expect that I will be back from time to time with questions for those more knowledgeable about models and aircraft.

I do not have Dad's modeling expertise or enyclopedic knowledge of aircraft. I expect that in the future I will have questions here needing your advice as I work on upgrading some of our materials, putting some of our out-of-production kits back into production, and listing Dad's extensive kit collection for sale. If you have any questions for me, you can email me or visit our website.

Chuck Bennett
www.donsmodelworks.com
I occasionally did some business with your dad,he was a great guy! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Hub

Any day above ground is a good one!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!!!
If anything in the above post offends you, I suggest you grow a thicker skin!

March 11th, 2012, 1:27 am #4

Chuck Bennett
www.donsmodelworks.com
I'd heard he was having health issues, but did not know he had passed away. My condolences. I never met your dad, but I think he was someone I'd like to have known.

I'm not really a pompous ***; I just play one on HyperScale!

Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
Carrollton, Texas
Michael McMurtrey
IPMS-USA #1746
IPMS-Canada #1426
CAHS #5646
Carrollton, TX

Proud IPMS-USA Low Number Thumper!

March 11th, 2012, 3:06 am #5

Chuck Bennett
www.donsmodelworks.com
your father was a good, good man and I was always thrilled taht he took up the torch to keep the Wings and Eagles Talon kits out on the market. I will be in touch via email and will help however I can.

Sincerely,

Lee Fogel

March 11th, 2012, 11:58 am #6

Chuck Bennett
www.donsmodelworks.com
Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

March 11th, 2012, 12:39 pm #7

Chuck Bennett
www.donsmodelworks.com
I'm very sorry to hear this Chuck, I only knew your dad from a few phone calls, and a few model transactions... He seemed to be a fine man, always willing to help, honest, and a wealth of knowlege...

I know we will miss him, though not as much as you... I lost my dad to cancer as well, many years ago, but I still remember him.

Take care, know you and your family are in our prayers.

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36