Rewatched Book of Eli

July 9th, 2018, 10:09 pm #1

The other day at work we were talking about movies when I suggest it to somebody who was a Sci-Fi fan to watch The Book of Eli. I had not seen it in years and what is on cable on Sat. Night? Yep this movie. So I watched it again and still say it is a very good movie. But I got to thinking it took Eli 30 years to go west and finally arrived at the ocean and it took Morgan from Walking Dead what's seem like only a short time. Eli should have thumbed a ride.... Lol......

Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

July 10th, 2018, 6:20 pm #2

Did it take him 30 years, or was it just that the movie takes place 30 years after the nuclear disaster?  I don't recall from the action that his actual journey took 30 years.  But I've only seen the movie once.

July 10th, 2018, 9:26 pm #3

I may be wrong but I got the impression that he was on the path to the West Coast for 30 Winters since the flash....
Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

July 10th, 2018, 9:42 pm #4

The action takes place 30 years after the nuclear disaster, AFAIR there is no mention of the length of Eli's trek. It is however acknowledged that Eli took years to learn the Bible by heart.
Information not shared is information lost.

July 18th, 2018, 4:57 pm #5

Okay I was sitting at my model desk yesterday putzing around gluing a couple pieces of Kit together. I look through the 400 TV stations nothing on except Book of Eli so I left it on. I did pay attention and he does not say he was heading West for 30 years. When Solara asked how old he was his calcultion for that was based off thirty winters since the flash....

Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

July 20th, 2018, 7:57 pm #6

So making a 100 miles a year? Well maybe he was hookin' up along the way w/ hot chicks and settling down a spell here and there. He is damn handsome.

Good movie. Kunis is hot.

Seen 'The Road'? From the McCartney book. Similar plot. Movie released about the same time, 10 yrs ago? GRIM!

July 21st, 2018, 9:22 pm #7

I did see The Road. I thought it was pretty fair, but my Daughter who watched it with me, at the same time, was thoroughly angry saying that was nothing like the book. I don't know I've never read the book.

Max
Cheers,
Max Bryant