Revell-Monogram decals

Revell-Monogram decals

August 7th, 2012, 4:21 pm #1

I just finished my first car, a 1969 Superbird. It is without a doubt the worst paint job I have ever done but the question is when I went to put on Revell's decals as soon as I placed them on the model they could not be moved. I've been decalling airplanes for many years and never ran into this, is this normal with thier decals? If so if I ever do a Revell kit again I will get aftermarket ones.

You can't spend your way out of poverty

August 7th, 2012, 4:49 pm #2

to give them something to slide around on. Just water alone will not do this.
Oh, the Superbird is a 1970 Chrysler product. The Dodge Daytona was the "Bird car" of 1969.
Just returned from the Chrysler Museum here in Auburn Hills for lunch.They have both currently on display!
Have a great day!
Larry @ AUDI

August 7th, 2012, 5:28 pm #3

Didn't work. I worked as a mechanic for Chrysler Plumouth and Dodge from 1967 until 1982 and worked on the Datona. I also worked on the sixpack Superbees and the rest of Chrysler hotrods. Even one "B" stock automatic Barracuda.

You can't spend your way out of poverty

August 7th, 2012, 5:42 pm #4

Humm, if the soap in the water did not work, how about making a scmuck of warm water but much more soap and apply the goo right on the model. Remember putting on those big R/T stripes on the 68-70 Chargers? We used a gooey water based liquid so the decal floated around. I just replaced the hood decal on my 1970 Hemi Challenger a few months ago using the wet apply method. Then squeeged it off. I am sure we can do the same with these decals!
My father worked for Chrysler from 1962 thru 1997. We had Mopar muscle cars in the drive every day.
Let me know, maybe we can come up with something!!
Talk later!
Larry @ AUDI