Revell 1/72 DC-4

Revell 1/72 DC-4

April 20th, 2017, 1:18 pm #1

This came in the mail last night; it is quite model kit of a classic propliner... has full interior including passenger seats and everything. I have wanted a classic airliner for a long while. Think I will be giving up the F-14s, Spitfires, BF-109s,P-51s and etc. for awhile... maybe the rest of my life.

April 20th, 2017, 3:03 pm #2

I built the C 54 last year and just recently finished the DC 4. As a suggestion, be alert while building the engines. All of the parts are keyed to the next one. If you get one in the wrong place the whole engine will suffer errors. Ask me how I know. And FWIW, I don't ever want to build that kit again.

April 20th, 2017, 3:47 pm #3

Thanks for the information!

April 21st, 2017, 11:06 am #4

This came in the mail last night; it is quite model kit of a classic propliner... has full interior including passenger seats and everything. I have wanted a classic airliner for a long while. Think I will be giving up the F-14s, Spitfires, BF-109s,P-51s and etc. for awhile... maybe the rest of my life.
one of the comments that came up frequently on reviews or perhaps on attempts to build is that the instructions are very confusing. I agreed, so the first thing I did was write up a set of "instructions to the instructions". e-mail me if you'd like a copy- it might help preserve your sanity for just a bit longer!

bob

p.s. This offer goes for others, but please specify whether you've got the C-54 or the civil DC-4 release, as the steps shift a bit.
"Ignorance is bliss, but I find learning more interesting." - Me, as far as I know

April 23rd, 2017, 12:12 pm #5

April 24th, 2017, 6:07 pm #6

one of the comments that came up frequently on reviews or perhaps on attempts to build is that the instructions are very confusing. I agreed, so the first thing I did was write up a set of "instructions to the instructions". e-mail me if you'd like a copy- it might help preserve your sanity for just a bit longer!

bob

p.s. This offer goes for others, but please specify whether you've got the C-54 or the civil DC-4 release, as the steps shift a bit.
I have the C-54 version of the kit. Please send your notes to my e-mail address:
ken.glass@lycos.com

Regards,
Ken Glass