Revell 1/32 P-51D Mustang

Revell 1/32 P-51D Mustang

August 18th, 2012, 3:20 pm #1

This is for my son's room. It's OOB and I'll be using decals for 'Blondie' from the Tamiya kit (these were given to me). It will have the pilot figure from the Hasegawa P-47 kit. Got this in a trade...the prior owner rescribed teh fuselage and I'm leaving it as-is.

Later,

Lee

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

August 18th, 2012, 5:40 pm #2

Interesting and stark comparison compared to the Tammy 'Stang in the post just below! But then you have an entirely different purpose for your build for your little boy! That Revell P-51D makes the old Hasagawa Mustang look pretty good!

I guess it shows how far model kits have come in almost 40yrs, but then again I will NOT pay that much money for a P-51 that I have to piece together and that has way more detail than I want. But that's just me....

August 18th, 2012, 5:45 pm #3

from the early 1980s. Was started when I got it in trade. I left the engine as-in and repainted all of the interior. Used the kit decal for the instrument panel and added Tamiya Clear for lenses.

Indeed it's quite inaccurate and really not worth the effort to make it better as even the old(er) Hasegawa kit is a far better place to start. But, as mentioned, this is for my boy's room and he'll be thrilled with it. Matter of fact here he is with it last week.

Later,

Lee
[/IMG]

August 18th, 2012, 6:39 pm #4

Interesting and stark comparison compared to the Tammy 'Stang in the post just below! But then you have an entirely different purpose for your build for your little boy! That Revell P-51D makes the old Hasagawa Mustang look pretty good!

I guess it shows how far model kits have come in almost 40yrs, but then again I will NOT pay that much money for a P-51 that I have to piece together and that has way more detail than I want. But that's just me....
Revell reused the wing from their B

The Miss America kit doesnt have the wing guns either

August 18th, 2012, 7:28 pm #5

about the Miss America release not having the wing guns. Did know that regarding the -B wing. Read that years ago. Honest to God I've never even looked in the box of the Miss America release before.

Later,

Lee

August 19th, 2012, 1:55 am #6

Revell reused the wing from their B

The Miss America kit doesnt have the wing guns either
Retro & Nostalgia Scale Modeling Forum: http://retroscalemodeling.lefora.com/

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!

August 19th, 2012, 2:44 pm #7

This is for my son's room. It's OOB and I'll be using decals for 'Blondie' from the Tamiya kit (these were given to me). It will have the pilot figure from the Hasegawa P-47 kit. Got this in a trade...the prior owner rescribed teh fuselage and I'm leaving it as-is.

Later,

Lee

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
That is looking very nice Lee. Keep up the great work.

August 19th, 2012, 4:59 pm #8

Later,

Lee

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
r

August 20th, 2012, 1:48 am #9

from the early 1980s. Was started when I got it in trade. I left the engine as-in and repainted all of the interior. Used the kit decal for the instrument panel and added Tamiya Clear for lenses.

Indeed it's quite inaccurate and really not worth the effort to make it better as even the old(er) Hasegawa kit is a far better place to start. But, as mentioned, this is for my boy's room and he'll be thrilled with it. Matter of fact here he is with it last week.

Later,

Lee
[/IMG]
n/t

August 20th, 2012, 5:40 pm #10

r
Steve and Bob thanks for the kudos n/t