Revell 1/32 F-15E Strike eagle

Revell 1/32 F-15E Strike eagle

July 8th, 2018, 7:54 pm #1

I thought I would try here. I have a Revell 1/32  F15 E Strike eagle (F-15B/F15D), trouble is the decals are missing.
Would the decals from a revel F15 D/E be ok for this version of this aircraft?
If not can you give me the heads up on what decals would be suitable? Any country will do. I have seen Israeli ones at a reasonable price but are they ok for this aircraft?
Other possibility is if anyone has these decals and are willing to part with them.
I'm in the UK by the way. Alfie

July 9th, 2018, 4:38 pm #2

The Revell kit is really a F-15B/D. It is not a bad kit, they also did a F-15A/C as well, not as refined as the Tamiya kit. If you wanted to make a Strike Eagle you would have to do some scratch building for the missing details, not impossible but you will need to do some research. Decals, just about any good decal set will work with this kit, Speed Hunter, Two Bobs, Caracal, Superscale/Microscale. I would do a google search or Ebay search for sets. Most USAF Squadrons or Wings had a two-seater or two that had the same markings and stencilling so you could cobble something together.
There is aftermarket out there on Ebay for it such as exhaust cans from Cutting Edge, I think Sierra Hotel may have those exhausts as well. Eduard has a bunch of PE sets for the Tamiya kit that would certainly work, G-Factor makes brass landing gear for the Revell kits. FYI I have both kits and they are going to be IAF F-15A and B birds.
Good Luck.
JB

July 9th, 2018, 7:19 pm #3

Thanks mate, I have a spare set of D/E decals and most of a F-15E Tiger meet. I suppose either of those would do then? Alfie

July 9th, 2018, 11:25 pm #4

If you are willing Tamiya sells individual spures and there are vendors on Ebay that sell sprue shots of Tamiya kits, just type in the search engine, 1/32 Tamiya F-15 Sprues.
If you can also obtain a copy of the Tamiya instruction sheet, you can find out what sprues you can order to get the necessary elements to create a "E" version. That will cut down on the scratch building.
Hope that helps too.
JB