Resin fillet tail for new Revell P-51D

Resin fillet tail for new Revell P-51D

February 13th, 2018, 4:34 am #1

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index ... opic=73271
Because some people just can't wait.

February 13th, 2018, 6:01 am #2

Not a bad price if you're in a hurry. I can wait for the kit.

February 13th, 2018, 11:02 am #3

It will be a while before the next variant shows up, so this person stands to pull in a fair amount of money, and if the price I saw is accurate (around 20.00 for the whole set), that seems like a pretty good deal.

Lynn

February 13th, 2018, 3:29 pm #4

I saw he posted a pic of his completed Mustang yesterday in plastic pix.
I stumbled upon them a day or two ago while I was searching eBay for a decently priced kit.

Max Bryant
Cheers,
Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

February 13th, 2018, 4:45 pm #5

Revell will probably release the fillet-tail version next year.
Why endure the effort to work the resin-plastic interface, clean-up, and prep?
Do you not have enough kits in the stash to keep you busy until next year?

Why is it many modelers are not satisfied with the version of an aircraft covered in the original kit?
- Especially when the company has a history of releasing new versions in short order.
- Especially when the actual kit is molded showing what parts will probably be updated/changed.

"Waaaaah! I don't want a D-5, I want a D-15. No, I want a B. No, I want a -C..." and on and on.

February 13th, 2018, 5:52 pm #6

It will be a while before the next variant shows up, so this person stands to pull in a fair amount of money, and if the price I saw is accurate (around 20.00 for the whole set), that seems like a pretty good deal.

Lynn
$20 was a first thought before I cast my first copy. Ebay even told me $15 to $23. Knowing how buyers spend, I felt pricing it at $11.00 was a good, happy medium.I'm happy, the buyers are happy. It's better to sell ten units at $11, then no unis at $20. Plus I wanted to keep the price as far away from the MSRP of the kit.

Last edited by hofnerbassman on February 13th, 2018, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2018, 6:02 pm #7

Revell will probably release the fillet-tail version next year.
Why endure the effort to work the resin-plastic interface, clean-up, and prep?
Do you not have enough kits in the stash to keep you busy until next year?

Why is it many modelers are not satisfied with the version of an aircraft covered in the original kit?
- Especially when the company has a history of releasing new versions in short order.
- Especially when the actual kit is molded showing what parts will probably be updated/changed.

"Waaaaah! I don't want a D-5, I want a D-15. No, I want a B. No, I want a -C..." and on and on.
My Paypal account is laughing......In this sets first two days of sale, I have sold over 30 units. I didn't set out to do this to beat Revell to the punch in releasing a filleted tailed D model. It is because Revell will be releasing a late D that I make this set. I figure there will be thousands of these Early Ds released, and that is the target market I seek. It was an idea last week when being disappointed by the decal schemes provided in the kit, and finding not much interesting for the early versions, that I decided to master a new filleted tail. Fact of the matter is, this resin tail fits better then the kit tail.I'm building the kit and know many of it's shortcomings. Tonight I will be casting flaps to replace the defective ones in the kit. I'm humping making additional molds to keep up with orders.
Last edited by hofnerbassman on February 13th, 2018, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2018, 6:12 pm #8

I saw he posted a pic of his completed Mustang yesterday in plastic pix.
I stumbled upon them a day or two ago while I was searching eBay for a decently priced kit.

Max Bryant
hugs.....and a big wink!
Last edited by hofnerbassman on February 13th, 2018, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2018, 6:22 pm #9

February 13th, 2018, 6:33 pm #10

My Paypal account is laughing......In this sets first two days of sale, I have sold over 30 units. I didn't set out to do this to beat Revell to the punch in releasing a filleted tailed D model. It is because Revell will be releasing a late D that I make this set. I figure there will be thousands of these Early Ds released, and that is the target market I seek. It was an idea last week when being disappointed by the decal schemes provided in the kit, and finding not much interesting for the early versions, that I decided to master a new filleted tail. Fact of the matter is, this resin tail fits better then the kit tail.I'm building the kit and know many of it's shortcomings. Tonight I will be casting flaps to replace the defective ones in the kit. I'm humping making additional molds to keep up with orders.
+1 n/t