Renwal Bulldog gonna be repopped

Renwal Bulldog gonna be repopped

May 8th, 2012, 1:34 am #1

Another Revell reissue gig

anything unique and special besides the Renwal box art?

May 8th, 2012, 4:39 am #2

And when it came out, it may have been the best one to buy, but newer versions are better. So its main interest is for nostalgia.

May 8th, 2012, 4:40 am #3

Thanks so much for my 2 Teracruzers! Bulldog, eh, but the SkySweeper would be nice. nt.

May 8th, 2012, 10:37 am #4

And when it came out, it may have been the best one to buy, but newer versions are better. So its main interest is for nostalgia.
The original came with little tension springs. When Revell repopped it in the 80s and Matchbox later on, they omitted the springs and you had to glue the suspension in place or else the tank rested on its belly.

As a kid back in the day, these kits were all the rage because of the working features and interior detail, but to be honest, the Bulldog is a very poor kit that is not even on par with the Tamiya kit of the 70s and found at Hobby Lobbies around the country for $10.

RobG

May 8th, 2012, 12:54 pm #5

The Bulldog kit is not rare. You can find it in other Revell and even Matchbox issues for pretty cheap.

The original kit did have springs in the suspension but the reissues have not included those. Fortunately the springs are simple affairs and you can make your own by cutting the head off of a small safety pin.

May 8th, 2012, 12:55 pm #6

Thanks so much for my 2 Teracruzers! Bulldog, eh, but the SkySweeper would be nice. nt.
Are the Honest John, Lacross, Nike, Skysweeper and the Bristol Bloodhound (if they have the mold for that)

May 8th, 2012, 2:41 pm #7

I understand you did not say the Honest John was a Renwal mold, but it did make wonder who might have them now. Lifelike was the last I knew.
Also, maybe you know if the La Crosse by Renwal used the wrong truck chasis? Seems I read that Renwal used their five ton wrecker as a basis for the launcher but the real launcher was a deuce and a half frame, like Revell's 1/40th kit?
Don't know, but someone does.

Chris

May 8th, 2012, 4:30 pm #8

Adams made Revell's 1/40 scale armor kits but when he left, he took several of his molds with him. Those are the ones that ended up in Life Like boxes. Revell still owns a few of the 1/40 scale kits though.

RobG

May 8th, 2012, 5:56 pm #9

I understand you did not say the Honest John was a Renwal mold, but it did make wonder who might have them now. Lifelike was the last I knew.
Also, maybe you know if the La Crosse by Renwal used the wrong truck chasis? Seems I read that Renwal used their five ton wrecker as a basis for the launcher but the real launcher was a deuce and a half frame, like Revell's 1/40th kit?
Don't know, but someone does.

Chris
Renwal's truck chassis is a 5 ton (like their wrecker)

Adams/Snap molds are/were owned by Athern Trains. The last time they were run was in the early 70s for the Life Like brand.

May 8th, 2012, 5:58 pm #10

Adams made Revell's 1/40 scale armor kits but when he left, he took several of his molds with him. Those are the ones that ended up in Life Like boxes. Revell still owns a few of the 1/40 scale kits though.

RobG
Revell worked with Adams getting him going in kits and I think the same guy sculpted figures for both companies. Revell also sold some Adams kits in Revell boxes for a while. But the two companies parted ways and Revell had their own 1/40 military line and Adams had his line. Adams later became SNAP and finally the molds passed on to Athern Trains who issued them for the Life Like company in the 70s. Adams did some aircraft too... Lindberg's Saab Draken is an ex Adams kit.