Red Tails movie - anyone gonna buy it?

Red Tails movie - anyone gonna buy it?

May 24th, 2012, 8:25 pm #1

never got to it in the theater.

curious if it is just another Memphis Belle movie but with fighters.

Belle had cringe inducing bad casting acting from John Lithgow and that Sinatra wanna be singer. Have heard that Tails is also a bit rough in terms of dialogue, casting...

lots of fighting sequences?

Comments?

May 25th, 2012, 12:53 am #2

then you'll love it. If you're looking for something realistic with any sense of historical or technical accuracy, well........

SN

May 25th, 2012, 2:46 am #3

Belle had cringe inducing bad casting acting from John Lithgow and that Sinatra wanna be singer. Have heard that Tails is also a bit rough in terms of dialogue, casting...

Comments?
and if good, I'll buy from Amz or eBay. But going from the reviews, not likely. Not really bad reviews but mostly (Ebert, Times, Post, my local) so-so. Recall one reviewer wrote that it reminded him of 40/50s Hollywood war movies. Comic book dialogue might be OK for 1945 but 2012, no.

Screenplay WAS penned by a comic book guy btw.

I was rooting for Lucas but I think in the end it didn't work as well as he'd hoped. Maybe should have directed it himself?

May 25th, 2012, 5:55 am #4

Comments?
Doubt I'll buy it but I will watch it.

May 25th, 2012, 6:08 am #5

Comments?
Maybe when its discounted down to $7.99. MAYBE.

A deal, deal! Maybe He's a Republican?
60 feet of bridge I can get almost anywhere. Schmuck!

May 25th, 2012, 2:32 pm #6

Comments?
I enjoyed it for what it was. There is a tendency for people to fixate on what was inaccurate about the film vs. the efforts that were made for accuracy. The scenes of the base in particular are spectacular, I think, and they obviously tried hard for accuracy of uniforms, equipment, etc. The Bf-109s have Aurora-like markings? Oh well - at least they're Bf-109Gs. And we get to see Me-262s on screen. I was also struck by how similar a lot of the combat shots looked to gun camera footage we've seen over the years. Somebody was paying attention there.

Comic book-like? Sure. Fun? For me it was. I'll take this over much of what's on screen any day. That's my dissenting opinion. Enjoy it, just like you would something like a 21st century version of "Flying Leathernecks."

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
http://thachweave.tripod.com

May 26th, 2012, 4:43 am #7

Comments?
maybe then I'll watch it. For a few minutes. The "trailers" didn't impress me a bit. Looked pretty corny IMO. Although I couldn't wait to see "Top Gun" when it came out and look how corny THAT was (is).

It's only a hobby..it's only a hobby..it's -

May 27th, 2012, 3:08 am #8

Like Star Wars!!!

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

May 28th, 2012, 1:57 pm #9

Comments?
and burn a copy to watch until the Super Happy Fun Deluxe DVD with all the extra aerial footage comes out--on the extras menu, so you can skip the emoting.

(like the Director's Cut DVD of "Darling Lili")

May 29th, 2012, 4:05 am #10

Comments?
will rent it for $1 at local video store