RCAF Golden Hawks closest colour match please.

RCAF Golden Hawks closest colour match please.

May 12th, 2012, 4:25 am #1

G'day,
Any thoughts on closest colour matches available for the Golden Hawks Sheffield Gold scheme.
Any thoughts on colour blends via Humbrol, Tamiya greatly appreciated.
I'm after something in "shade scale" for a 1.48th Sabre.
Here in Australia Gunze and Model master paints are really hard to come by hence my reference
to Humbrol and Tamiya. I am still a fan of enamels by preference.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Bertie.
Last edited by bertielissie on May 12th, 2012, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 12th, 2012, 8:19 am #2

That is what I painted my Hobbycraft 1/72 Golden Hawks Sabre with. I gave it an overcoat of Future. It is one of the best looking models on my shelves. The color looks good compared to photos. I don't know if it available down under as it is made in the U.S. Cheers, Larry

Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise might be merely a vulgar brawl.
Last edited by CSMO on May 12th, 2012, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 12th, 2012, 1:15 pm #3

G'day,
Any thoughts on closest colour matches available for the Golden Hawks Sheffield Gold scheme.
Here in Australia Gunze and Model master paints are really hard to come by hence my reference
Bertie.
When I built mine a long time ago I was told to use a colour by Sheffield although I don't recall which particular one it was, think it might have been pale or light gold. I know Sheffield still exists but their range seems to have changed, none of the bottles I have(about 20 yrs. old) match anything on their website.

May 12th, 2012, 6:08 pm #4

G'day,
Bertie.
Hi Bertie,

Youre looking for Sheffield Pale Gold Leaf Finishes, # 1714. It comes in 2 oz. bottles. I bought mine from Warner Paint Supply on line. The URL is:http://warnersupply.doitbest.com/Antiqu ... 793010.dib

The maker is Sheffield Bronze Paint Corporation, Cleveland, OH. They made the original used by the Hawks.

HTH

Geoff
Dayton

May 13th, 2012, 6:57 am #5

G'day,
Bertie.
nm