RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part VIII

RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part VIII

July 12th, 2011, 7:15 pm #1

Hi to all Visitors,

here is a new update to my RC-135S Project .

Engines - I cut away the "hump" from the kit inboard pylons and I'm reshaping the pylons with scrap palstic - also I'm preparing some surgery to remove the nacelles front sections fill the voids at the interior, paint and reassemble the nacelles as per the good suggestion of a Fellow HyperScaler .

Center wing lower section - opened up the second air intake for the conditioning system - added struts to detail the main landing gear bays .

Main landing gear wheel bays - I detailed the best I could the bay interior, it's not 100% exact but it should look "busy" enought with the main doors closed - quite strange I could not find pics of the right bay and of the rear bulkhead, KC-135 in Detail and Scale also shows the left bay and front bulkhead only - any help very wellcome .

Here is my work-bench ( a bit cluttered !!!)

And here is the display and restig place for my Cobra Ball

That's all for now .

As usual any comment/suggestion/critique very wellcome and appreciated !!!!

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 12th, 2011, 7:26 pm #2

very well done , I will watch your WIP with great interest, awesome show cases too with lot of great stuff. .

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

July 12th, 2011, 7:43 pm #3

Hi to all Visitors,

Engines - I cut away the "hump" from the kit inboard pylons and I'm reshaping the pylons with scrap palstic - also I'm preparing some surgery to remove the nacelles front sections fill the voids at the interior, paint and reassemble the nacelles as per the good suggestion of a Fellow HyperScaler .

Center wing lower section - opened up the second air intake for the conditioning system - added struts to detail the main landing gear bays .

Main landing gear wheel bays - I detailed the best I could the bay interior, it's not 100% exact but it should look "busy" enought with the main doors closed - quite strange I could not find pics of the right bay and of the rear bulkhead, KC-135 in Detail and Scale also shows the left bay and front bulkhead only - any help very wellcome .

That's all for now .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Per le vetrine usi delle cabine telefoniche?

Saluti

Giampiero

July 12th, 2011, 9:23 pm #4

very well done , I will watch your WIP with great interest, awesome show cases too with lot of great stuff. .

Serge Dompierre
Many thanks Serge, your comment is always higly appreciated !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 12th, 2011, 9:29 pm #5

Per le vetrine usi delle cabine telefoniche?

Saluti

Giampiero
Grazie Giampiero, I designed the display cabinet myself, it weights more than 400 Kgr. and at present has a useful display surface of 8 square meters, 2 more floors can be added to get a maximum of 12 sqm. - it's air tight to minimize the dust problem !!

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 13th, 2011, 3:14 am #6

Hi to all Visitors,

That's all for now .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Your collection (and display cabinet) is tremendous. Thanks for sharing with us.