RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part VII - note for Don Fogal

RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part VII - note for Don Fogal

July 4th, 2011, 4:27 pm #1

After a while I'm back at my Cobra Ball project .
Slowly the conversion is taking its shape

Note for Don Fogal - this is my workbench in a "clean" condition, so you could understand my comments about your well ordered and immaculate workbench !!!!!!

All the radomes "shapes" were milled from layered polistyrene blocks

I was not fully satisfied with the transparencies I put on the portholes for the optical equipment, so I removed them, made a rim for all the portholes with thin slices of brass tube of the right diameter (from empty rifle cases a friend gave me)and installed new transparencies cut from thin perspex sheet .
I painted the glasses internal side with clear light amethyst to reproduce the antiglare coating of optical glasses (it may be it's not visible on the pics)

On the port fuselage, under the large loading door there is a structure with an entrance door that was present in the RC-135V kit, but not mentioned in the instructions and I used it because it fitted the bill perfectly .

Now I'm dealing with the main landing gears detailing and the relative wells and it's not an easy task in particular for the wells where the surfaces to detail are split among 4 main parts .

The engines pods are assembled without the front fan to be cut at the fan level to be able to fill the large voids due to the pylons molded integrally with the engines, following the suggestions from an HyperScaler friend .

That's all for now - Happy July 4 for all the American friends !!! without them this conversion project would not have been possible !!!!!!

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on July 4th, 2011, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 4th, 2011, 5:11 pm #2

Nice work on the plastic "stacks"! .... parts look great. Love your multi-engine stuff. Keep the postings coming. Tom

July 4th, 2011, 6:26 pm #3

-.-

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 4th, 2011, 7:59 pm #4

Note for Don Fogal - this is my workbench in a "clean" condition, so you could understand my comments about your well ordered and immaculate workbench !!!!!!

I was not fully satisfied with the transparencies I put on the portholes for the optical equipment, so I removed them, made a rim for all the portholes with thin slices of brass tube of the right diameter (from empty rifle cases a friend gave me)and installed new transparencies cut from thin perspex sheet .
I painted the glasses internal side with clear light amethyst to reproduce the antiglare coating of optical glasses (it may be it's not visible on the pics)

On the port fuselage, under the large loading door there is a structure with an entrance door that was present in the RC-135V kit, but not mentioned in the instructions and I used it because it fitted the bill perfectly .

Now I'm dealing with the main landing gears detailing and the relative wells and it's not an easy task in particular for the wells where the surfaces to detail are split among 4 main parts .

The engines pods are assembled without the front fan to be cut at the fan level to be able to fill the large voids due to the pylons molded integrally with the engines, following the suggestions from an HyperScaler friend .

That's all for now - Happy July 4 for all the American friends !!! without them this conversion project would not have been possible !!!!!!

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Your work always amazes me ! I was wondering when we would see more progress pics of her. All the detail and scratch work your doing is really awesome. Keep up the awesome work my friend

F-104's Forever !

July 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm #5

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 4th, 2011, 9:07 pm #6

Your work always amazes me ! I was wondering when we would see more progress pics of her. All the detail and scratch work your doing is really awesome. Keep up the awesome work my friend

F-104's Forever !
Many thanks Brian, I hope to have some updates for next week - the main landing gear wells have a lot of details but very difficult to implement onto the model due to the parts break down - moreover AMT completely forgot the brakes assemblyes on all main wheels so ........

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 4th, 2011, 9:10 pm #7

Grazie Giampiero - sara' un lavoro ancora molto lungo e le maggiori difficolta' arrivano ora !!!!

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 5th, 2011, 1:49 am #8

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
nm

July 5th, 2011, 12:43 pm #9

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
I imagine that a RC-135 is rather large, even in 1/72. You must have a spare room just to display all these great models... Great looking work so far...

Nice clean bench too

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

July 5th, 2011, 7:11 pm #10

nm
Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK