RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part VI

RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part VI

March 13th, 2011, 4:29 pm #1

Hi to all Visitors,
here are some updates to my RC-135S CobraBall project :

The nose landing gear and its well are now detailed, finished, weathered and ready for installation inside the fuselage .

Now about the engines, there are 2 nasty seams inside both at the intake and the exaust that need addressing .

The exaust one is easyly solved with a section of brass tube that improves also the exaust area

The air intake duct is more difficult to deal with, because the compressor fan must be installed before closing the engine shells !!!!

It's all for now, as usual any comments/critiques/suggestions are very wellcome and appreciated !!!!!

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on March 13th, 2011, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2011, 8:20 pm #2

to fix the intake seams. Assemble the nacelles with the modified exhausts (excellent fix, by the way!) installed but without the compressor blades. Now carefully cut the nacelles in two just forward of where the compressor fan disk should be. You sould now be able to install the compressor fan into the front of the aft section of the nacelle. Now take the forward ring section that you have cut away, fill and sand the interior seams, paint the interior, then reattach it to the nacelle and clean up any exterior seams resulting from your cuts. This is about the easiest, quickest way to deal with a podded, airliner type engine nacelle accesmbly.

March 13th, 2011, 9:56 pm #3

Quite an interesting suggestion !!! I'll consider this solution although I'm not too confident in my surgical capability !!!!
Many thanks !!!

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

March 14th, 2011, 12:12 am #4

Hi to all Visitors,
here are some updates to my RC-135S CobraBall project :

The nose landing gear and its well are now detailed, finished, weathered and ready for installation inside the fuselage .

Now about the engines, there are 2 nasty seams inside both at the intake and the exaust that need addressing .

The exaust one is easyly solved with a section of brass tube that improves also the exaust area

The air intake duct is more difficult to deal with, because the compressor fan must be installed before closing the engine shells !!!!

It's all for now, as usual any comments/critiques/suggestions are very wellcome and appreciated !!!!!

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
The nose gear is off to a awesome start. Great job on the detail. Can't wait to see you work on the main gear Nice start on the engines.

Cheers Brian

F-104's Forever !

March 14th, 2011, 9:01 am #5

Quite an interesting suggestion !!! I'll consider this solution although I'm not too confident in my surgical capability !!!!
Many thanks !!!

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Hi Alberto,

I must say, if you can build and modify the A-50, cutting the RC-135 nacelles should be a piece of cake for you!

I finally found the E-3 pictures for you. I took these before digital cameras were available, so they are prints. I will get them and the RC-135 patch in the mail to you this week.

Cheers,
Don

March 14th, 2011, 11:13 pm #6

The nose gear is off to a awesome start. Great job on the detail. Can't wait to see you work on the main gear Nice start on the engines.

Cheers Brian

F-104's Forever !
Hi Brian,
To day I was checking the main gear pics I've and there will be a lot of work, not at all easy !!! but I cannot make a forecast of what detail level I'll be able to reach there !!!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

March 14th, 2011, 11:18 pm #7

Many thanks !!!

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
After checking all the alternatives, your suggestion appear the best solution to the air intake problem !!!!! hope to have enough surgical skill end to be able to align the engine cowlings again !!
Thank you again Bill .

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

March 14th, 2011, 11:22 pm #8

Hi Alberto,

I must say, if you can build and modify the A-50, cutting the RC-135 nacelles should be a piece of cake for you!

I finally found the E-3 pictures for you. I took these before digital cameras were available, so they are prints. I will get them and the RC-135 patch in the mail to you this week.

Cheers,
Don
Thank you for your support !!!!! I'll follow Bill's suggestion .

I'm awaiting your shipment with great interest !!!!

Bye
Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

March 16th, 2011, 1:51 am #9

After checking all the alternatives, your suggestion appear the best solution to the air intake problem !!!!! hope to have enough surgical skill end to be able to align the engine cowlings again !!
Thank you again Bill .

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
OK ... looking forward to seeing how it turns out! nt