RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part III

RC-135S CobraBall - WIP - Part III

February 6th, 2011, 8:35 pm #1

Hi to all,
after finishing my A-Model A-50M "Mainstay" I'm restarting work on the conversion from AMT RC-135V to RC-135S CobraBall in 1/72 scale .

Here are a few pics of current work .

The large entrance on the port side

Some scratchbuilding

The starboard fuselage windows for the mission equipment and fuselage joint reinforcing strips

Some detail building into the front fuselage, although I suspect it'll be never seen after fuselage closure

That's all for now

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

February 6th, 2011, 8:45 pm #2

Looking good so far!!

Brandon

February 6th, 2011, 9:12 pm #3

Hi to all,
after finishing my A-Model A-50M "Mainstay" I'm restarting work on the conversion from AMT RC-135V to RC-135S CobraBall in 1/72 scale .

Some scratchbuilding

The starboard fuselage windows for the mission equipment and fuselage joint reinforcing strips

Some detail building into the front fuselage, although I suspect it'll be never seen after fuselage closure

That's all for now

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
happy to see you started it!
Buon lavoro!

Ciao
Fabrizio

February 6th, 2011, 9:34 pm #4

Looking good so far!!

Brandon

because I'm a slow builder .
Many thanks Brandon !!!!

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

February 6th, 2011, 10:00 pm #5

happy to see you started it!
Buon lavoro!

Ciao
Fabrizio

spero che sara' un'avventura piu' breve dell'A-50M .

Ciao

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

February 6th, 2011, 11:24 pm #6

Hi to all,

Some scratchbuilding

That's all for now

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Looks cool so far! In fact, i was thinking about how to reposition the ailerons and elevators on my KC-135 just the other day. So far however its strictly an intellectual exercise.

Thanks for posting!

cheers,

david

February 7th, 2011, 12:14 am #7

Hi to all,

Some scratchbuilding

That's all for now

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Nice work on the interior. That is going to look sweet when done. My question for you is what is up with the left wing being black. Keep up the awesome work buddy. Looking forward to more progress pics

Cheers Brian

F-104's Forever !
Last edited by f-104 on February 7th, 2011, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 7th, 2011, 12:23 am #8

Looks cool so far! In fact, i was thinking about how to reposition the ailerons and elevators on my KC-135 just the other day. So far however its strictly an intellectual exercise.

Thanks for posting!

cheers,

david
but I'm not young at all!!!!! I'm aged 67 now !!!!

From all the pics I've the ailerons are always in the neutral position with the planes parked on the apron .
I do not wish to complicate my building any more, trying to detail the interior of the RC-135S is already masochistic enough !!!!

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

February 7th, 2011, 12:27 am #9

Nice work on the interior. That is going to look sweet when done. My question for you is what is up with the left wing being black. Keep up the awesome work buddy. Looking forward to more progress pics

Cheers Brian

F-104's Forever !
Hi Brian,

The CobraBall aircrafts had the RIGHT wing and engines painted flat black to avoid glare on the optical type mission equipment positioned behind the large portholes on the aircraft starboard side .

Once more this will be a long going project ........

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on February 7th, 2011, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.