RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXXII

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXXII

July 24th, 2013, 9:41 am #1

My RC-135S CobraBall project is sill alive, here is a flash update .

Finished decalling process

For the USAF and U.S.AIR FORCE titles I had problems with the decals (color density) so I choosed to try vynil masks, I used Miracle Masks and the results, in my opinion, speak themselves, I also got full customer care assistance from the producer - very reliable .

Now it's time for a protective gloss coat overall before starting weathering .

That's all for today and I can go back to my XP-79B time filling project (it doesn't need all the worktable space)

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 24th, 2013, 11:52 am #2

Keep the Blue Side Up !!!

July 24th, 2013, 12:54 pm #3

For the USAF and U.S.AIR FORCE titles I had problems with the decals (color density) so I choosed to try vynil masks, I used Miracle Masks and the results, in my opinion, speak themselves, I also got full customer care assistance from the producer - very reliable .

That's all for today and I can go back to my XP-79B time filling project (it doesn't need all the worktable space)

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
nm

July 24th, 2013, 1:27 pm #4

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
I like the look of that blue navigation light on the belly - how was that done?

July 24th, 2013, 1:36 pm #5

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
I was waiting for some pics from you!
I read the post about M.Masks and I'm happy you found the best solution.
Bene, ottimo risultato.

Ciao
Fabrizio

July 24th, 2013, 1:48 pm #6

Keep the Blue Side Up !!!
-.-

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 24th, 2013, 1:56 pm #7

nm
Hi Darren,
glad you continue to follow me - I had color density problems also with the blue USAF underwing marking and some silvering due to a lot of engraved panels in that area so I decided to try the vynil masks to eradicate the problem keeping your decals as a back-up !!!!

I thank you for your generous help once more and I'm proud of your comments .

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 24th, 2013, 2:03 pm #8

I like the look of that blue navigation light on the belly - how was that done?
Thank you for the interest - about the anticollision light on the belly it's quite simple : I used my dremel tool a a lathe to shape a piece of transparent sprue, the light was painted chrome silver and when dry with clear blu from Gunze acrylic paint line .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 24th, 2013, 2:20 pm #9

I was waiting for some pics from you!
I read the post about M.Masks and I'm happy you found the best solution.
Bene, ottimo risultato.

Ciao
Fabrizio
Thank you for the interest Fabrizio, MiracleMasks work beautifully when handled properly, but I was not enough skilled and needed the help of the Producer (very prompt and generous!!!!!) .
I think that such masks could be used also to make different shade panels on NMF - it may be I'll try on my M-50 Bounder that's lagging behind the Cobra Ball awaiting full space availability on my workbench .

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 24th, 2013, 2:55 pm #10

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Its a nice looking aeroplane to start with, the paint scheme is nice, but the decals really make the model. I'm glad you were able to solve the problem with the 'USAF" on the black-painted wing.

Not sure if you have seen it, but Brad Shinn did another -135 variant with extended flaps, re positioned control surfaces etc.... just amazing.

And that model is tougher to build than it looks; mainly the lower wing/ fuselage joint....

Thanks for posting.

-d-