RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXXI

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXXI

July 2nd, 2013, 8:27 pm #1

Hi to all my friends that helped me a lot with this model .
Here is a small update of the work on my CobraBall 2663 .

Decalling process is almost complete (I'm awaiting the arrival of U.S.AIR FORCE and USAF titles of the proper size - the ones I used were downsize and after removing them I had to repaint some panels on wings and fuselage) .

Here on the starboard active side I've implemented all the dipoles of the antenna array according to the pics I have using sections of 0.25 mm. hypodermic syringe needles .

The large fuselage door and and the pilots entrance door are already decalled and finished ready for installation during the final phase - some weathering is mandatory !!!

Thank you to all Visitors and any comment/suggestion/critique is very wellcome and appreciated !!

That's all for to-night !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 2nd, 2013, 8:36 pm #2

Fantastic work

July 2nd, 2013, 8:41 pm #3

Decalling process is almost complete (I'm awaiting the arrival of U.S.AIR FORCE and USAF titles of the proper size - the ones I used were downsize and after removing them I had to repaint some panels on wings and fuselage) .

Here on the starboard active side I've implemented all the dipoles of the antenna array according to the pics I have using sections of 0.25 mm. hypodermic syringe needles .

The large fuselage door and and the pilots entrance door are already decalled and finished ready for installation during the final phase - some weathering is mandatory !!!

Thank you to all Visitors and any comment/suggestion/critique is very wellcome and appreciated !!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
First, you pick some of the lesser built aircraft, then you add some great detail, then, you create a masterpiece...

I'm anxious to see this one completed!

Where are you at with your T-50?

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

July 2nd, 2013, 8:48 pm #4

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
I can't wait to see this beauty finished. Sure she will be a future and spectacular winner model in all contests. Ciao amico mio.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

July 3rd, 2013, 2:25 am #5

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Very nice! I loved the finish.
I think you have already answered it in a previous post, but why the black wing?

Looking forward to see this beauty finished.

Rato Marczak
www.ratomodeling.com

July 3rd, 2013, 5:00 am #6

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
nm

July 3rd, 2013, 5:58 am #7

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Keep the Blue Side Up !!!

July 3rd, 2013, 10:20 am #8

nm
Hi Darren,
I received your decals just a few minutes ago in perfect condition - I think I'll use the darker one, seems a better match with insigna red to me .

Thank you once more, you are a good friend .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 3rd, 2013, 10:21 am #9

Fantastic work
Many thanks for your kind comment !!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

July 3rd, 2013, 10:36 am #10

First, you pick some of the lesser built aircraft, then you add some great detail, then, you create a masterpiece...

I'm anxious to see this one completed!

Where are you at with your T-50?

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
Hi Don,

I'm very proud of your comment and .... yes I like to choose the less known aircraft models to build within my large stash (++700) .... I've never done an F-16 or F/A-18 and try to my best to get a realistic model out of the kit - I'm not a fana of aftermarket add-ons although I use them (mainly p.e.) when deem necessary.

The T-50 is the latest Sukhoi prototype I built las year ..... for sure you intended the M-50 Bounder that's lagging behind the CobraBall because it needs ALL my workbench space !!!! the fuselage is complete and the podded engines with AB almost completely rescribed - I'm planning for a NMF paintjob on it it should prove spectacular if properly done otherwise I can always use its last flight livery in gray/white at Tushino air parade in 1961 .

To stay on the rare theme, next USAF model will be Northrop XP-79B Flying Ram , be prepared !!!!

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on July 3rd, 2013, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.