RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXX - Help needed

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXX - Help needed

June 15th, 2013, 9:00 pm #1

Hi to all my friends,
here are some pics taken during the decalling process :

Frankly speaking, I'm very happy I was able to put the Boeing logo decals on main wheels hubs :

And now a problem that overcame all my attempts to solve , please look to the pic below

this is the right upper wing, the black background bleeds trhogh the decal - I printed the scratchbuilt decals with a 600x600 dpi laser printer but the color density is not enough to cover the black background - I tryed to overlap a second decal but without any visible effect . ANY SUGGESTION ?????? In my decals bank I've no red USAF commercial decals to fulfill the need (I think commercial decals have a white background layer under the red subject ) Anybody has available something that fits ????

TIA

And it's all for to-night !!!

Bye
Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

June 15th, 2013, 9:11 pm #2

Print the letters in red, then in-fill with black.

It might work...

June 15th, 2013, 9:34 pm #3

Hi to all my friends,

Frankly speaking, I'm very happy I was able to put the Boeing logo decals on main wheels hubs :

And now a problem that overcame all my attempts to solve , please look to the pic below

this is the right upper wing, the black background bleeds trhogh the decal - I printed the scratchbuilt decals with a 600x600 dpi laser printer but the color density is not enough to cover the black background - I tryed to overlap a second decal but without any visible effect . ANY SUGGESTION ?????? In my decals bank I've no red USAF commercial decals to fulfill the need (I think commercial decals have a white background layer under the red subject ) Anybody has available something that fits ????

TIA

Bye
Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Either get some masks cut or make your own and paint these markings would be my suggestion.

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale

June 15th, 2013, 9:49 pm #4

Hi to all my friends,

TIA

Bye
Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Maybe the Xtradecal B-57 decal in 1/72 scale might work.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72103

I thought a had the Microscale sheet to offer you, but sorry I didn't find it.
Love the Antiskid caps with the Boeing on it.
Last edited by 940735 on June 16th, 2013, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2013, 9:50 pm #5

Hi to all my friends,

TIA

Bye
Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Hello Alberto,

If I were you, I would go the mask and paint solution. Look at my 1/48 CH-53 in Plastic Pics: the "MARINES" logos are done that way and it took about 1 hour for both sides.

I print the full size logo on regular paper, the apply the tape over the writing and with a sharp blade I cut out the letters; keep the inside of the "A".
Lift the paper and apply the tape to the model. Insert the inside of letter "A", mask all around and paint. It works!

Ciao
Andrea

June 16th, 2013, 12:37 am #6

Either get some masks cut or make your own and paint these markings would be my suggestion.

and if you are wary of cutting your own, you could contact Miracle Masks and have Mal Mayfield cut you vinyl masks...highly recommended...

http://www.freewebs.com/miraclemasks/

Corey in Colorado

June 16th, 2013, 1:09 am #7

Mal doubtless has that insignia on file and mask a mask sized just for you. It won't break the bank either.

June 16th, 2013, 6:57 am #8

Hi to all my friends,

TIA

Bye
Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

June 16th, 2013, 12:45 pm #9

easy enough to do and you will be much happier. Use frisket paper so you don't pull up the decal

"I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow's not looking too good either." - anon

June 16th, 2013, 4:18 pm #10

Hi to all my friends,

TIA

Bye
Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
I dug thru my decals, and found some for a 1/48 A-26. They measure 18.5mm high by 59mm long. If you can use them, I would be glad to send them to you. HTH, Darren