RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXVII - (pics heavvy)

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXVII - (pics heavvy)

January 26th, 2013, 8:17 pm #1

Now I can say : I'm looking at the tunnel end !!!

This update shows the model with the major paintwork complete on its intended display base that represents a secion of the ramp at Shemya AFB .

Now I'll put it into my display cabinet (well protected from dust) for a couple of weeks to allow the paint to fully cure before doing some touch-ups and some details painting .

It's also time for me to prepare the decals I need to complete the kit ones and some stencilling - Corel Graphic Suite X6 will be a powerful ally !!!

For me now, it start looking as a Cobra Ball and hope for you also - many thanks for looking to all Visitors .

As usual any critique/comment/suggestion are very wellcome !!!

That's all for to night !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

January 26th, 2013, 9:18 pm #2

Wow, Alberto that is a nice model, great progress n/t

January 26th, 2013, 9:35 pm #3

-.-

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

January 26th, 2013, 10:00 pm #4

This update shows the model with the major paintwork complete on its intended display base that represents a secion of the ramp at Shemya AFB .

Now I'll put it into my display cabinet (well protected from dust) for a couple of weeks to allow the paint to fully cure before doing some touch-ups and some details painting .

It's also time for me to prepare the decals I need to complete the kit ones and some stencilling - Corel Graphic Suite X6 will be a powerful ally !!!

For me now, it start looking as a Cobra Ball and hope for you also - many thanks for looking to all Visitors .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
... Your in the hime stretch Alberto!

She looks great!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

January 27th, 2013, 12:36 am #5

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
The Cobra Ball is looking fantastic. I do have a question about the grass on the base though, is it really that long in real life? If that's 1/72 scale, that grass would probably hide a house.

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale

January 27th, 2013, 6:15 am #6

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
nm

January 27th, 2013, 4:46 pm #7

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
i know from first-hand experience how hard it is to get this far, with the degree of quality you and i expect.

Just think- You could spend the rest of your model building career doing nothing but C-135 variants! I know your display case is big enough, ha ha.

Thanks for posting!

david

January 27th, 2013, 5:27 pm #8

... Your in the hime stretch Alberto!

She looks great!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
Hi Don,

could you please explain to me what "hime" means, I didn't find it in my dictionary .

Anyway , thank you for your comment !!!

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

January 27th, 2013, 5:30 pm #9

nm
Many thanks for your comment Darren, I appreciate it !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

January 27th, 2013, 6:09 pm #10

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
That is absolutely a beaut of a paint job. I can't wait to see some decals on her. Keep up the awesome awesomeness

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

Starfighter's forever !