RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXIX - (pics heavvy)

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXIX - (pics heavvy)

May 31st, 2013, 9:57 am #1

Hi to all my friends,
I'm back here with my RC-135S CobraBall project after quite a long time, but it was a very busy period for me including a lot of garden work

Just for an idea .
On my modelling workbench I shifted priority from RC-135S to M-50"Bounder" to test a new way to get a good NMF I learned here on H.S. Plastic Pics .

Now I restarted work on RC-135S and with the help of a fellow modeller of the modeling club to which I belong found a way to improuve a lot the appearance of the ramp concrete slabs of the model display base and add some better details .

The pic below comes from International Air Power Journal Vol. 8 and is used here for pictorial reference only:

on a ramp of Shemya AFB - an Autumn day of late seventies/early eighties

the previous version

the improuved version with added details including some rain puddles

for sure I'm not a dioramist but this model required an appropriate display base .

Here are some pics of the model almost ready for decalling process (I've already glossed up a section of the black right wing were the red USAF marking will be)

That's all for to-day .

Many thanks for looking and your patience to follow this long WIP .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

May 31st, 2013, 10:33 am #2

and the Cobra ball is good too !

May 31st, 2013, 2:07 pm #3

Hi to all my friends,
I'm back here with my RC-135S CobraBall project after quite a long time, but it was a very busy period for me including a lot of garden work

Just for an idea .
On my modelling workbench I shifted priority from RC-135S to M-50"Bounder" to test a new way to get a good NMF I learned here on H.S. Plastic Pics .

Now I restarted work on RC-135S and with the help of a fellow modeller of the modeling club to which I belong found a way to improuve a lot the appearance of the ramp concrete slabs of the model display base and add some better details .

The pic below comes from International Air Power Journal Vol. 8 and is used here for pictorial reference only:

the previous version

for sure I'm not a dioramist but this model required an appropriate display base .

Here are some pics of the model almost ready for decalling process (I've already glossed up a section of the black right wing were the red USAF marking will be)

That's all for to-day .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
, great job on the new presentaion base, really nice up-date indeed , I also like much the Cobra Ball RC-135S she will be beautiful with her markings on. Saluti.

Serge Dompierre
Frog and Canuck and proud to be

May 31st, 2013, 5:26 pm #4

Hi to all my friends,

Just for an idea .

the previous version

That's all for to-day .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
r

May 31st, 2013, 6:18 pm #5

Hi to all my friends,

Just for an idea .

the previous version

That's all for to-day .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Very nice garden work Alberto... I didn't know you had such a green thumb!

That Cobra Ball is still coming along nicely... I have to say, it's worth the wait.

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

May 31st, 2013, 6:19 pm #6

Hi to all my friends,

Just for an idea .

the previous version

That's all for to-day .

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
It looks better and better

May 31st, 2013, 6:45 pm #7

and the Cobra ball is good too !
-.-

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

May 31st, 2013, 6:49 pm #8

, great job on the new presentaion base, really nice up-date indeed , I also like much the Cobra Ball RC-135S she will be beautiful with her markings on. Saluti.

Serge Dompierre
Hi Serge,
glad to hear again from you and many thanks for your kind comments !!!
I appreciated you agree with me about the display base improvements .
Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

May 31st, 2013, 6:50 pm #9

r
-.-

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

May 31st, 2013, 6:58 pm #10

Very nice garden work Alberto... I didn't know you had such a green thumb!

That Cobra Ball is still coming along nicely... I have to say, it's worth the wait.

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
Hi Don,
glad to hear again from you - I share the green thumb with my wife but the grass cutting is on my shoulders and it takes more than three hours !!!!! - after that I cannot have a steady hand to work on my models !!!!

About the CobraBall hope to post soon an update with a partial decalling .

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK