RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXIV

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XXIV

December 5th, 2012, 8:30 pm #1

Hi to all the HS Friends that follow this model projec of mine .

I started the paint-work with the starboard wing that's the most complicated from the painting point of view .
Here is some white preshading on the light gray base for the black wing - I admit that was only 40% confident about the outcome .

After a careful exame of Bruce R. video file I got via Michael K. I decided the long aerials at the wing-tip and fin-tip looked wrong and very fragile, so I replaced them with copper micro-tube and hypodermic needles sections nested one into the other - much stronger and realistic !!!!

Here is the final outcome

Any comment/critique/suggestion very wellcome and appreciated as usual, I'm indebted with several HS Friends for their assistance

That's all for to-night !!!!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on December 5th, 2012, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 5th, 2012, 8:40 pm #2

La mimetizzazione floreale Ti e`venuta molto bene

Saluti

Giampiero
Last edited by GiampieroSilvestri on December 5th, 2012, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 5th, 2012, 8:45 pm #3

Mettete dei fiori sui vostri aeroplani !!!! - put some flowers on your aircraft !!!!

Ciao Giampiero

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

December 5th, 2012, 9:11 pm #4

I started the paint-work with the starboard wing that's the most complicated from the painting point of view .
Here is some white preshading on the light gray base for the black wing - I admit that was only 40% confident about the outcome .

After a careful exame of Bruce R. video file I got via Michael K. I decided the long aerials at the wing-tip and fin-tip looked wrong and very fragile, so I replaced them with copper micro-tube and hypodermic needles sections nested one into the other - much stronger and realistic !!!!

Any comment/critique/suggestion very wellcome and appreciated as usual, I'm indebted with several HS Friends for their assistance

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Looks good Alberto. n/t

December 5th, 2012, 9:16 pm #5

.-.

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

December 6th, 2012, 12:22 am #6

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
That livery on the fuselage from the first photos looked so great! Why you had to pull it off?

Seriously, this one is looking sharp! Keep updating

Cheers!
Eugene
Last edited by cobhc on December 6th, 2012, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 6th, 2012, 2:26 am #7

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Wow!! That is going to look killer!! Very nice work Alberto.

December 6th, 2012, 7:01 am #8

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
<span class="hps">Do I also</span> <span class="hps">have five</span> <span class="hps">different</span> <span class="hps">crowns</span> <span class="hps">in</span> <span class="hps">stock</span><span>!</span> <span class="hps">those things</span> <span class="hps">are</span> <span class="hps">huge</span> <span class="hps">look forward</span> <span class="hps">workflow</span>

<span class="hps">Best regards,</span> <span class="hps">Ernesto</span>

December 6th, 2012, 8:14 pm #9

Wow!! That is going to look killer!! Very nice work Alberto.
Many thanks Steve !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

December 6th, 2012, 8:17 pm #10

<span class="hps">Do I also</span> <span class="hps">have five</span> <span class="hps">different</span> <span class="hps">crowns</span> <span class="hps">in</span> <span class="hps">stock</span><span>!</span> <span class="hps">those things</span> <span class="hps">are</span> <span class="hps">huge</span> <span class="hps">look forward</span> <span class="hps">workflow</span>

<span class="hps">Best regards,</span> <span class="hps">Ernesto</span>
Thank you Ernesto - this model is big, but I've several larger ones (always 1/72) in my stash .

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK