RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XVIII

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XVIII

June 25th, 2012, 12:31 pm #1

Hi to all my Hyperscalers friends,
after a long and troublesome period I'm back at work at my RC-135S Cobra Ball project .

After a lot of trials the rescribing of the auxiliary air intakes is barely acceptable due also to a fine hard granularity in the kit plastic parts that does'nt allow a regular motion of the scribing tool - I'll try to improve this later on .
Dryfitting the engine reverse sleeves I noticed the rear of the fan was rather poor, got in touch with the H.S. friends that have already helped me a lot in this project to get infos and a new search yielded me the pic I needed .

I started work to implement the rearmost fan disk visible under the reverse sleeves using an old moulding tool I found again after 25 years or so !!!

Painting started for the engine pods with the black starboard engines

Some panel hue changes on the black engines parts are barely visible in the pics -

I'll paint the engine pods completely before installing them on the airframe as I did for the A-50M Mainstay because for me at least, is a lot easyer to paint them individually than onto the airframe .

That's all for today !!!! many thanks for looking, any comment/critique/suggestion very wellcome and appreciated as usual .

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on June 25th, 2012, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 25th, 2012, 1:56 pm #2

.. I knew I'd only have to wait a little while to see some more of your fine work...

And here it is!

Keep it going... keep it going!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

June 25th, 2012, 3:31 pm #3

after a long and troublesome period I'm back at work at my RC-135S Cobra Ball project .

After a lot of trials the rescribing of the auxiliary air intakes is barely acceptable due also to a fine hard granularity in the kit plastic parts that does'nt allow a regular motion of the scribing tool - I'll try to improve this later on .
Dryfitting the engine reverse sleeves I noticed the rear of the fan was rather poor, got in touch with the H.S. friends that have already helped me a lot in this project to get infos and a new search yielded me the pic I needed .

I started work to implement the rearmost fan disk visible under the reverse sleeves using an old moulding tool I found again after 25 years or so !!!

Some panel hue changes on the black engines parts are barely visible in the pics -

I'll paint the engine pods completely before installing them on the airframe as I did for the A-50M Mainstay because for me at least, is a lot easyer to paint them individually than onto the airframe .

That's all for today !!!! many thanks for looking, any comment/critique/suggestion very wellcome and appreciated as usual .

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Nice detailing.

June 25th, 2012, 5:02 pm #4

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Alberto,

Hope your troubles are over and take your time. Evey update is a joy to see.

June 25th, 2012, 6:38 pm #5

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
All that scratch work is really paying off.

June 25th, 2012, 9:56 pm #6

.. I knew I'd only have to wait a little while to see some more of your fine work...

And here it is!

Keep it going... keep it going!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
Hi Don,
you'll need a lot of patience to follow my very slow build, you have a far greater procuctivity than me and always at top level .

Next post when I finished paintjob on all engine pods .

Many thanks for your very appreciated comment !!!

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

June 25th, 2012, 9:58 pm #7

Nice detailing.
Thank you for your kind comment !!!

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

June 25th, 2012, 10:01 pm #8

Alberto,

Hope your troubles are over and take your time. Evey update is a joy to see.
I too hope so !!!! thank you for your kind comment .
Next update will be posted after finishing all engine pods paintjob .

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

June 25th, 2012, 10:03 pm #9

All that scratch work is really paying off.
Many thanks for looking Terence !!!!!

bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

June 25th, 2012, 10:47 pm #10

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
r
Last edited by p38m on June 25th, 2012, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.