RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XVII - (note for David Hansen)

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XVII - (note for David Hansen)

April 15th, 2012, 10:05 am #1

Hi to all my Hyperscale friends,
here is a very small but important update : after a long struggle Iwas able to get a satuisfactory finish on the upper rear fuselage area where the reinforcing strips posed a big problem .!!!

To get this result I reinforced the back of a wet&dry paper with Scotch tape and cut small stripes of paper about 0.5 mm. narrower than the interspace width of the reinforcing strips on fuselage and used such small strips to sand the interstrips spaces . (hope this could help you David) .

Actual problem I'm dealing with is the rescribing of the auxiliary air intakes on engine cowlings .

That's all for today

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

April 15th, 2012, 2:04 pm #2

It really looks good Alberto.

April 15th, 2012, 2:05 pm #3

here is a very small but important update : after a long struggle Iwas able to get a satuisfactory finish on the upper rear fuselage area where the reinforcing strips posed a big problem .!!!

To get this result I reinforced the back of a wet&dry paper with Scotch tape and cut small stripes of paper about 0.5 mm. narrower than the interspace width of the reinforcing strips on fuselage and used such small strips to sand the interstrips spaces . (hope this could help you David) .

Actual problem I'm dealing with is the rescribing of the auxiliary air intakes on engine cowlings .

That's all for today

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
That will look awesome when done . So what will be the next big beast you will build

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

Starfighters forever !

April 15th, 2012, 3:02 pm #4

That's all for today

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Youre gonna have an easier time of it than i, since you will have a white fuselage top. My first -135 is gonna be in bare metal.

Thanks for posting! i don't envy your task ahead with the engines.

david

April 15th, 2012, 4:17 pm #5

It really looks good Alberto.
-.-

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

April 15th, 2012, 4:34 pm #6

That will look awesome when done . So what will be the next big beast you will build

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

Starfighters forever !
Hi Brian,
for sure it'll not be so impressing as the A-50M, but it'll be eye catching with its three color asymmetric livery .

I'm not running a top quality personal production line in full manufacturing swing like you, but I'm running a much slower prototypes building shop !!!!!!
Anyway a large model in the pipeline will be the M-50 Bounder from A-Model, but I've already started the MiG-23 PD (MiG-23.1)- (first pics next week) and several prototypes are competing for building like YaK-36, YaK-141, MiG-21PD (E-7), MiG 1.44, Mig E-8 (Ye-8), F-35B - for sure this will be a busy year !!!!!!!

Many thanks for your comment - Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on April 15th, 2012, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 15th, 2012, 4:39 pm #7

Youre gonna have an easier time of it than i, since you will have a white fuselage top. My first -135 is gonna be in bare metal.

Thanks for posting! i don't envy your task ahead with the engines.

david
Hi David,
for sure the rear fuselage area will be a great pain in the *** doing a NMF model !!!

Thank you for your comment .

Ciao

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

April 15th, 2012, 5:41 pm #8

That's all for today

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
... you're still determined to get this one to the finish line! Such a cool looking aeroplane!

Good luck!

Jeroen

April 16th, 2012, 6:48 pm #9

For sure I'll need some luck to solve the problem I'm facing now of rescribing the air intake auxiliary doors of the engine cowlings . - I've already made some attempts but all unsuccessful !!!!!!

For sure sooner or later I'll get this model finished - it was a "first sight love" and when I got the AMT RC-135V kit I started exploring the feasibility of converting it to the RC-135S with its asymmetrical painting scheme !!!!!

Many thanks

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK