RC-135S - Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XIV

RC-135S - Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XIV

October 29th, 2011, 3:44 pm #1

Hi to all helpfull Hyperscalers Friends !!!

Let me present here a new update to my Cobra Ball project :

right engines, the black ones - to fill the air intake section seams I was forced to cut away such parts

The front fan installed

Air intake interior painted and engines reassembled

the pylon with the hump removed, some panel rescribing still needed

Now to the display base for this model (although I'm not at all a dioramist !!!) :

with reference to World Air Power article and Google air pics of the AFB, I choosed to represent a section of Hangar 3 ramp at Shemya AFB in autumn in the early eighties ....

The proper Squadron Patch for the choosed time-frame will be added with the model already positioned on the display base .

That's all for now, I'm eagerly awaiting your comments/critiques/suggestions as usual !!!!

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

October 29th, 2011, 3:56 pm #2

... Fantastic stuff!

I like what you did with the intakes... It is a marked improvment over the oob.

The base is also very well done... I really like that winter grass!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

October 29th, 2011, 4:07 pm #3

Thank you Don, as usual I highly appreciate your comments .......!!!!

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

October 29th, 2011, 4:54 pm #4

right engines, the black ones - to fill the air intake section seams I was forced to cut away such parts

The front fan installed

Now to the display base for this model (although I'm not at all a dioramist !!!) :

with reference to World Air Power article and Google air pics of the AFB, I choosed to represent a section of Hangar 3 ramp at Shemya AFB in autumn in the early eighties ....

The proper Squadron Patch for the choosed time-frame will be added with the model already positioned on the display base .

That's all for now, I'm eagerly awaiting your comments/critiques/suggestions as usual !!!!

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Amazing work there, Alberto. A clever way to clean up those seams, too. Keep it up!
Watching your project with keen interest!

Jeff

October 29th, 2011, 5:36 pm #5

Hi, Jeff,

The kit engines front fans were very poor indeed, I was considering a viable vaw to improve them when
I noticed the engines fronts of an Eduard p.e. for the Sukhoi Su-34, they were an almost perfect fit for the RC-135 engines !!!!!

The air intakes seams filling procedure was not an idea of mine, but the kind suggestion of an Hyperscaler friend !!! I just applied it !!!!

Thank you for your kind comments .

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

October 29th, 2011, 6:47 pm #6

The front fan installed

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
The engines look great; I can't wait to see the finished Cobra Ball aircraft.

FYI, the base looks great, too.

October 29th, 2011, 7:37 pm #7

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

October 30th, 2011, 2:47 am #8

The front fan installed

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
are just wonderfull! Great job on the tarmat. It looks fantastic.

California Steve

October 30th, 2011, 5:29 pm #9

Hi Steve,
I appreciate your kind comments, thank you !!

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK