RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XIII

RC-135S Cobra Ball - WIP - Part XIII

September 23rd, 2011, 9:52 pm #1

A small update a bit different .

Here are the joints between the fuselage and the lower wing section .

Although the worst joints till now, using Mr. Surfacer 500 the bill was filled .

Now I started the display base - with the aid of Google Maps I got a picture of Shemya AFB were 30mm. on my screen equated to 20 mt. on the ground, so I could scale down the details of the section I choose, i.e. third hangar apron .
Here are some pictures of the display base WIP .

The following pic shows the model positioning on the base .

The shoulder patch is a gift from a HiperScaler friend !!!!!

That's all for now, many thanks for looking and any comment/critique/suggestion are very wellcome and appreciated .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Last edited by illomucca on September 23rd, 2011, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2011, 10:13 pm #2

That base will certainly make a nice display for her too!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”
- Ronald Reagan

Semper Fi, Don
Luke: 22:36

September 24th, 2011, 6:02 am #3

A small update a bit different .

Here are the joints between the fuselage and the lower wing section .

Although the worst joints till now, using Mr. Surfacer 500 the bill was filled .

Now I started the display base - with the aid of Google Maps I got a picture of Shemya AFB were 30mm. on my screen equated to 20 mt. on the ground, so I could scale down the details of the section I choose, i.e. third hangar apron .
Here are some pictures of the display base WIP .

The following pic shows the model positioning on the base .

The shoulder patch is a gift from a HiperScaler friend !!!!!

That's all for now, many thanks for looking and any comment/critique/suggestion are very wellcome and appreciated .

Bye

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK
Hi Alberto,

Your RC-135 is coming along great, as expected! I think this is the first time I've heard of using Google Earth for modeling details, bravo on going to such lengths to get the ramp correct!

Cheers,
Don

September 24th, 2011, 6:46 pm #4

That base will certainly make a nice display for her too!

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army.
On the seventh day while God rested, we overran his perimeter, stole the globe, and we've been running the whole show ever since.

Semper Fi, Don
Thank you Don, I'm always very proud of your comments due to your skill and experience !!!!

I choosed to represent the base section in autumn, with the high brown grass according to the pic on page 138 of World AirPower Journal Vol, 8 .

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK

September 24th, 2011, 6:52 pm #5

Hi Alberto,

Your RC-135 is coming along great, as expected! I think this is the first time I've heard of using Google Earth for modeling details, bravo on going to such lengths to get the ramp correct!

Cheers,
Don
Many thanks Don .
About using Google Map to get some pics of Shemya AFB, it seemed a logical choice for me .

This display base still needs a lot of work with oil paints to get a smooth transition among the deveral hues and on the crushed stones border, hope to be able to get it right .!!!

Bye

Alberto

Alberto Accumolli

G.M.B. BRANZACK